What type of m.2 ssd is supported by Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54?

Louisjoo
Louisjoo Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Hello guys, I bought Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54 few months ago and my storage getting full. I want to buy a new new m.2 SSD and don't know which type of SSD it can support. Can anyone help me?

Comments

• Angie1
    Angie1 Member Posts: 37 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Hello I think this is the information you are looking for:

Storage 1: M.2 2280/60/42 for SSD*2 (one is PCIe only, another is PCIe/SATA Co-lay)
    Storage 2: 7/7.2mm co-lay (No HDD Door)
     :):)  Smile you don't when you are going to miss a tooth  =)=) 

Like if you like my answer 
  • TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    Hi Louisjoo

Some Nitro 5 models have an M.2 expansion slot that allows for adding additional storage. Please see the table below for information on what types of drives are supported on your model.

ModelM.2 Slot 1 CompatibilityM.2 Slot 2 Compatibility
    AN515-51, AN515-52 and AN515-53 (Intel)NVMe PCIe or SATANot Available
    AN515-41 and AN515-42 (AMD)SATA onlyNot Available
    AN515-43 (AMD)NVMe PCIeSATA only
    Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Louisjoo

Tinkerer

edited September 2019
    Angie1 said:
    Hello I think this is the information you are looking for:

Storage 1: M.2 2280/60/42 for SSD*2 (one is PCIe only, another is PCIe/SATA Co-lay)
    Storage 2: 7/7.2mm co-lay (No HDD Door)

I see...so that mean both slots support PCIe right?
  • Louisjoo

Tinkerer

TECH_MAN said:
    Hi Louisjoo

Some Nitro 5 models have an M.2 expansion slot that allows for adding additional storage. Please see the table below for information on what types of drives are supported on your model.

ModelM.2 Slot 1 CompatibilityM.2 Slot 2 Compatibility
    AN515-51, AN515-52 and AN515-53 (Intel)NVMe PCIe or SATANot Available
    AN515-41 and AN515-42 (AMD)SATA onlyNot Available
    AN515-43 (AMD)NVMe PCIeSATA only
    But as you can see the table doesn't have model for my laptop.
  • Yes both M.2 slots support NVMe PCIe 3.0 X4:

France
  • Louisjoo

Tinkerer

Yes both M.2 slots support NVMe PCIe 3.0 X4:

I planning to buy ADATA SX8200 pro. It's compatible right?
  • lakespringer
    lakespringer Member Posts: 1 New User
    Sorry, not quite sure if Angie1 answered this clearly.  I just bought Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54 and want to install an existing 256 GB SATA in M.2 second slot.  It is not recognized by the BIOS.  Do you recommend switching the existing PCIe to M.2 slot 2 and trying the SATA in slot 1?
  • BrianPA
    BrianPA Member Posts: 1 New User
    Sorry, not quite sure if Angie1 answered this clearly.  I just bought Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54 and want to install an existing 256 GB SATA in M.2 second slot.  It is not recognized by the BIOS.  Do you recommend switching the existing PCIe to M.2 slot 2 and trying the SATA in slot 1?
    I think I’m on the same boat. I already bought a 1TB M.2 SATA... but it seems like the Co-lay is already used by the 256 GB M.2 SATA that’s out of the box. Is it possible to just switch the position of the SSD? How did you manage to overcome this ordeal?
  • kaliflower
    kaliflower Member Posts: 1 New User
    Open up your laptop, take both/all SSDs out. On the motherboard below, one of them says "PCIE" which is where the NMNe SSD (possibly the one that came with the laptop) goes, and the other says "PCIE/SATA" which is where your new SATA drive goes. Be sure to check boot order in the BIOS afterwards. Hope this helps.
  • DrDOMinance
    DrDOMinance Member Posts: 3 New User
    Open up your laptop, take both/all SSDs out. On the motherboard below, one of them says "PCIE" which is where the NMNe SSD (possibly the one that came with the laptop) goes, and the other says "PCIE/SATA" which is where your new SATA drive goes. Be sure to check boot order in the BIOS afterwards. Hope this helps.
    I recently bought WD m.2 S550 250GB nvme ssd. There are two slots for m.2
    First One mark as PCIE
    Second mark as PCIE/SATA
    i using my ssd in PCIE (first one) Slot but its not detectable in bios menu
    I cloned all my :C drive data through minitool cloning software in new bought ssd
    Can someone help me how to boot using my ssd?
  • exotic_knight
    exotic_knight Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited July 2021
    same here i have the crucial p5 NVMe PCIE 2280 m.2 ssd and I put it in the PCIe.
    and its not showing up.
  • exotic_knight
    exotic_knight Member Posts: 2 New User
    FIXED 
    I restarted my computer and looked in disk management and i had to allocated it
  • jimmyb1
    jimmyb1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    you need if exp slots support gen 3 and gen4 nvme in nitro 5 515 -55 i don't know anybody know