INTEL 9260NGW BLUETOOTH not detected - Predator G3-571 CAN IT BE FROM THE BIOS?

jose36
jose36 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in Predator Laptops
GOOD DAYS, MY MODEL PC Predator G3-571. , I HAVE PRECEDED TO CHANGE TARGET NETWORK WIFI, THE NEW MODEL IS INTEL 9260NGW.
THE WIFI, SUPERBLY BUT THE BLUETOOTH IS NOT DETECTED BY THE SYSTEM,
I HAVE TESTED THIS SAME INTEL 9260NGW CARD IN ACER E5 AND IT WORKS CORRECTLY WIFI AND BLUETOOTH .. WHAT CAN IT BE?
CAN IT BE FROM THE BIOS?
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]
             THANK YOU

Best Answer

Answers

• Make sure the device is hidden and show the error code!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • xmm
    xmm Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

good day ! i have same problem, is anybody have solution?
  • Have you tried updating the drivers with the driverbooster? We recommend enabling system protection first!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • xmm

Tinkerer

yes, many times
  • xmm

Tinkerer

and no any bluetooth devices in hidden

• What is the exact model of your notebook and partnumber? Example g3-571 PN NH.Q28AA.001! What is the model of the wifi network card?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• xmm

Tinkerer

edited May 2021
    Part Number: NX.GLDCN.002
    Atheros/Qualcomm QCA6174
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• xmm

Tinkerer

thank you ! but i am have on the laptop 1.15 already ))) i am installing INTEL 9260NGW, wifi is OK but Bluetooth is problem (no device in device manager)
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Can you show a photo of how you made this adaptation? This would make it easier for other users to see the solution!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• xmm

Tinkerer

No, I have already collected everything and closed it. In the photo there are 2 contacts that need to be sealed with a narrow strip of tape. It is better to do this with a magnifying glass as the contacts are small. Already the second week of 9260 everything works great!
  • aspire7
    aspire7 Member Posts: 4 New User
    I have solve the same problem in right this way for my aspire 7 (A715-71G), 
    before with the qualcomm atheros I have had some trouble with bsod ....

until now the 9260 works fine.

thank you

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    @xmm so the solution for everyone here to understand its to isolate those 2 pins the best way from any contact whatsoever with the mobo pcie port right ?

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• Arjan71
    Arjan71 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I had the same issue with my A517-51GP-88WT: WiFi was working fine, but bluetooth device was not detected. I updated the firmware, downloaded the latest drivers from Intel, but still no bluetooth device visible in the device manager (also not hidden). After I put some tape over the mentioned 2 pins and start the laptop a bluetooth device was visible in the device manager :). I was able to connect a bluetooth headphone. WiFi was still working fine (same speed as before adding tape). Thanks for this solution!! :+1:
  • Günther9998
    Günther9998 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Unbelievable !!
    I have a SF514-51, too and big issues with the initial Realtek Wifi-Chip. I replaced it by an INTEL 9620 chip, because it is faster and support Bluetooth 5.0 instead of 4.0.
    After installation of INTEL 9620 I installed a Intel Software and Bluetooth worked for some minutes. After a reboot Bluetooth was not avaiable and I was not able to install anything to find the bluetooth device again.
    Finally I found the instruction here in this thread, used a tape to cover these two Pins and -unbelievable- it works !!!
    Thanks you very much to share you experience !!!!!!!
    You saved many hours of work and sending back this Intel 9620.

Best regards from Germany
  • HARBIR
    HARBIR Member Posts: 1 New User
    xmm said:
    Driver installation was performed in any combination. I am a very experienced user !!
    Absolutely sure

but !!!

I found the solution myself !!! I am sure that my method will help the owners of ALL fresh versions of ACER with trying change for intel 9260.
    need to glue on the board with tape for contact. I attach photo contacts. =)

I did this with a magnifying glass and good lighting, the second time it happened))))
    The method works by reviews on laptops Acer V-Nitro.

I CAN CONFIRM THIS METHOD IS WORKING FOR MY LENOVO FLEX 3 1570 WITH MY NEW 9260 WIFI. THANKS A LOT 
    just use tape and put it on top of these 2 connectors and u are good to go .
  • Deejay_tech
    Deejay_tech Member Posts: 356 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Thank you.
    i also did it for my 9260 card.
    btw , what is the function of these 2 pins.?
    can anybody give details about it.

My personal Acer m/c's
    1) Gaming: Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-51
    Config:Core i5 8300H, 16GB, 250GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 1050ti GPU

2) Daily Use: Acer Aspire A315-53  59GR
    Config: Core i5 8250u, 8GB, 256 SSD, 1TB HDD, IPS FHD 

3) Linux Learning: Acer Aspire A315-53 P4MY
    Config: Pentium Gold 4417U, 8 GB, 256 SSD, 500GB HDD.
  • Corgano
    Corgano Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

This solution also worked for me, with an ac200 - seems like intel copy-pastes their designs a lot - but WHY DOES THIS WORK? What exactly were these pins for?
This discussion has been closed.