Acer Swift 3 (SF315-52-52YN) long initialization before booting into windows

RiderCurious
RiderCurious Member Posts: 39 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello,
every time I power up my laptop it passes very long initialization, it takes exactly 25 seconds to initialize all laptop's devices before Acer logo appears on the screen and it start booting into Windows.
During this time screen is black only keyboard glow. Optane isn't in charge. I installed Windows on M.2 SSD and boot time hasn't changed.
As I bought this renewed laptop after restoration Number #1 on my "suspect list" is BIOS problem. Some third party repair organizations or even sellers may use lopped version of bioses. It means that some sectors in bios responsible for particular features may be locked even if update to new version of the bios has been made automatically.
I highly appreciate if someone can share some knowledge about Full Bios Recovery to original Acer's image.

how do i change an email registered for this account ? or better let me quit this*** site! ****

[ Signature edited to remove inappropriate or personal content]

Answers

• Did this problem occur after updating uefi-bios?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • RiderCurious
    edited September 2019
    No, as far as I can remember my refurbished unit already had this problem on arrival, but it received two automatic updates of the uefi-bios that comes along with windows update

P.S. I think automatic-bios update is not a good idea from microsoft anyway, it may cause isssues

how do i change an email registered for this account ? or better let me quit this*** site! ****

• RiderCurious
    of course it may appear that root issue lies not in the BIOS but in the hardware

• Did this problem occur before or after removing optane memory? Before you removed optane memory, did you disable it in IRST?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • RiderCurious
    I installed HWiNFO64
    and I see following...

Intel ME Version: v0.0 build 0, hotfix 0 Bios ME support: Not Supported.

I am telling you BIOS has been corrupted!!! Laptop sold by: New&ReNew Electronics on Amazon has corrupted firmware.
    I claimed to ACER RECERTIFIED and they don't do anything.
    I think this must be reported to ACER HQ.

• Can you enter the version of uefi-bios and send a screenshot of the info tab?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• RiderCurious
    screenshot1

screenshot2

• Check here my friend:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• RiderCurious
    I don't have such entry Intel ME

• This is weird. I suggest you reset the battery and then enter the bios and press f9 to restore it and then f10. Then check if the intel ME tab appears.
    https://youtu.be/NfhgnxUJoZo

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• RiderCurious