Bios setting for SATA Mode Helios 500

lastshooter
lastshooter Member Posts: 6 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
What is the factory setting for "SATA Mode"?
ACHI or RST Premium with Optane
Bios Version  V1.16

Acer Predator Helios 500
PH517-51
Intel i7 8750H

Answers

• Models that have rst with optane mode usually come with this option enabled in bios. What is the specific model of your notebook? Example an515-51-75kz.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • lastshooter
    Model# N17q11
    is what's on the mfg. label
  • lastshooter

PH517-51-72NU  

• Your model comes with a 1gb hdd + 1 256gb ssd. Your notebook may have come in rst with optane mode. Now if you want to restore uefi-bios, press f9 and then f10.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • lastshooter
    Here is my problem,
    It was refurbished however the mainboard was defective. I sent the unit in for repair and was sent back. The bios was ACHI before however, the SSD reports it is in RAID. It defaults to Optane Mode and afaik the drive its self defaults to RAID. I do not feel that it is a RAID drive in this particular configuration.
    Intel RST software reports that it is set for Optane memory but no "Optane modules present" which is correct as there are none.
    Hence my dilemma...

• Can you submit a screenshot of the IRST program?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• lastshooter
    this is first panel
  • lastshooter
    "none present"
  • I see nothing wrong with this setting. Note that optane memory appears disabled in the program. Also, you have two ssds installed and there have been some publications from other gamers already, so raid mode can help you get better gaming performance.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer