Why is Acer replacement part taking more than a month?

rishabhjain
rishabhjain Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I've registered my complaint one month ago.Ive called several places to confirm how long will it take to replace a keyboard.There is no particular answer nor do they have any ETA for the same.I urgently need the laptop but Acer takes everything for granted the service is so poor that no action is being taken even after writing several mails to authorities .The service sucks.I bought Acer swift-3 in dec-18 and it auto caught moisturizing on keyboard as told by the Acer technician and now the replacement is taking hell lot of time.Acer was a mistake don't go for it .I've had hp and lenevo laptops earlier which were not even that highly priced but they worked very long without problems.Acer is just pathetic and I'm yet waiting for my laptop to get repaired.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Sorry. What do you mean by "auto caught moisturizing on keyboard" ?  Keyboards usually don't fail in less than a year. Thus KB probably not stocked and must be ordered from warehouse or manufacturer. I waited 8 weeks to receive a replacement keyboard for one of my laptops. This wait seems normal especially since this is a very unusual KB failure. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• rishabhjain
    edited September 2019
    That's what the Acer engineer on inspection told me that the keyboard caught moisturizing. As you told KB failures are rare within one year which makes me think Acer laptops are not worth buying?
    And moreover I've requested the authorities that the repair need is very urgent but they still are dormant as usual.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    >>> the Acer engineer on inspection told me that the keyboard caught moisturizing. >>>

Was the laptop exposed to high heat and high humidity or some liquid spilled on keyboard? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• rishabhjain
    Nope none of the cases 
  • SalarX
    SalarX Member Posts: 45 Devotee WiFi Icon
    That's what the Acer engineer on inspection told me that the keyboard caught moisturizing. As you told KB failures are rare within one year which makes me think Acer laptops are not worth buying?
    And moreover I've requested the authorities that the repair need is very urgent but they still are dormant as usual.

Hi Rishabh, have you tried mailing Acer India Support regarding this issue? I've also faced keyboard issue with my Laptop, though I fixed it by some 'jugaad' and haven't faced a problem since. It gets such problem when brought from a really cold condition (Air Conditioned Room) to a hotter environment. Though I agree, I have faced the problem with Acer Laptop only. Do you happen to have the same laptop as mine?
    If you feel I've helped you, give a Yes to Did this answer the question? 
    If you like my posts or comments, give a Like.
    My laptop is Acer Nitro 5 Spin (NP515-51). 
    I'm from India with love for technology, so message me if you want to discuss or ask a question  :3
  • SalarX
    SalarX said:

Hi Rishabh, have you tried mailing Acer India Support regarding this issue? I've also faced keyboard issue with my Laptop, though I fixed it by some 'jugaad' and haven't faced a problem since. It gets such problem when brought from a really cold condition (Air Conditioned Room) to a hotter environment. Though I agree, I have faced the problem with Acer Laptop only. Do you happen to have the same laptop as mine?
    Sorry I missed that you have a Swift 3, would you share the exact problem that you face with your keyboard?
    I'm from India with love for technology, so message me if you want to discuss or ask a question  :3
  • rishabhjain
    Yes I've mailed more than 10 times to Acer and  all different people.Amm some keys are not working and some keys are automatically pressed and continuing being pressed.I've checked whether or not the button is stuck but it doesn't seems it's stuck.The mouse pad is also behaving strange and the drives show that the data in C drive is no longer present but it is present but doesn't open idk what's happening .The hardisk is also normal and there are no malware's or viruses present .So maybe keyboard is causing all this.
  • SalarX
    Yes I've mailed more than 10 times to Acer and  all different people.Amm some keys are not working and some keys are automatically pressed and continuing being pressed.I've checked whether or not the button is stuck but it doesn't seems it's stuck.The mouse pad is also behaving strange and the drives show that the data in C drive is no longer present but it is present but doesn't open idk what's happening .The hardisk is also normal and there are no malware's or viruses present .So maybe keyboard is causing all this.
    Try this once-
    *There's something I would do when my keyboard would misbehave (I won't suggest doing it and it might damage your keyboard, do it on you own risk!)-
    Make a fist and start punching your keyboard, with hand position in a way that your thumb is upwards and the pinky finger is vertically downwards. Try to cover as many keys as possible. You can also use your palm and press the keys. This would most of the times solve the random key press problem and also some keys not working. Have faced such problem many times and it worked everytime, for a long period. I know it's really silly but it works. Make sure you press hard enough only to make the keys press and not break your laptop.