Can acer support 1TB SSD by updating BIOS

anivek
anivek Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi,

I'm planning to buy a new 2019 Acer Swift 5 laptop. I have bought one 1TB SSD, but I'm told that Swift 5 can only support upto 512GB SSD. Can acer update your BIOS for 1TB SSD?

Thanks!

Answers

• What is the exact model of swift? Examplo sp314-51.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • anivek

Tinkerer

What is the exact model of swift? Examplo sp314-51.
    It's 2019 new swift 5, and I don't the model. I can't even find that info on acer web site. I checked some youtube reviews, and all mentioned only upto 512GB SSD is supported. That's why I asked here.

Thanks
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • anivek

Tinkerer

It's just announced in 2019 IFA, and it's not yet available for anyone. And as I said I am planning to buy it, which means I don't have any Acer devices for the model checker...
  • OK! I will try to get details of this model (sf514-54) from the moderators. 
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• anivek

Tinkerer

Thanks! Please also check if it's possible to support 1tb ssd by upgrading firmware. 
  • Unfortunately we have no way to confirm if this model supports a 1tb ssd nvme. Also, the service manual is not yet available on the Acer website so I can check which hardware will be compatible. I also suggest that you check this link: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/576163/

egydiocoelho Trailblazer