Acer Aspire R - (User) Password Reset Options

FORTHELOVEOFGAWD
FORTHELOVEOFGAWD Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello I am looking for some help in options to getting into my laptop. below are some options I've already tried, also.. is acer support able to actually do anything in regards to othis issue? Without sending them my HD...SSD or whole laptop?

1. boot in safemode (pass prot admin.)
2. tried 100 variations of my password (written them down too..)
3. cant reset password key as you need one before hand, which I do not. 
I'm probably missing some other things I tried as well. 

please, .. help 

Answers

• TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    edited September 2019
    Hi FORTHELOVEOFGAWD

You can reset your password from another computer if you sign into Windows using your email address. If your Windows login is not your email address, you can use the instructions below to reset your password.

1. From the login screen, click the power icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
    2. Hold the Shift key while you click Restart.
    3. Click Troubleshoot.
    4. Select Reset Your PC.
    5. Click Remove everything.
    6. After your computer reboots, click Just remove my files.
    7. Click Reset.

Note: This process will erase all data on your system. Make sure your system is plugged in and does not power off during the reset.

*Hit Accept if it's Helpful*

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • FORTHELOVEOFGAWD
    I unfortunately do not log in with my email so the first option will not work. The second option will delete everything, correct? I have a lot of college work on here that I am trying to not lose. That is my issue. 
  • SalarX
    SalarX Member Posts: 45 Devotee WiFi Icon
    I unfortunately do not log in with my email so the first option will not work. The second option will delete everything, correct? I have a lot of college work on here that I am trying to not lose. That is my issue. 
    Refer to links below. If you face any problem in instructions, feel free to ask me.
    https://www.ghacks.net/2019/01/07/how-to-reset-windows-10-account-passwords/
    https://www.howtogeek.com/222262/how-to-reset-your-forgotten-password-in-windows-10/
    Skip the online method part and move to the other solution.
    If you feel I've helped you, give a Yes to Did this answer the question? 
    If you like my posts or comments, give a Like.
    My laptop is Acer Nitro 5 Spin (NP515-51). 
    I'm from India with love for technology, so message me if you want to discuss or ask a question  :3
  • TECH_MAN
    Hi FORTHELOVEOFGAWD

im sorry to hear about that, Can you please check if your Able to Login Into command prompt.. 
  • FORTHELOVEOFGAWD
    I can not, at least the 1 way I thought I could, asks me to still.. login with a password I do not have.
  • TECH_MAN
    edited September 2019
    Hi FORTHELOVEOFGAWD

If Your Warranty Please Contact Acer Support, if its out off warranty You can remove the Hard disk drive and connect to another Computer and check if your able to backup your data. 
  • SalarX
    SalarX Member Posts: 45 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Hi!
    You won't lose your data anyway and also there is no need to remove your hard-disk too. Make sure you follow all the instructions under Resetting a local account password.
    Note: 
    You need a recovery media. The inbuilt recovery options of windows always ask for User Password
    If you feel I've helped you, give a Yes to Did this answer the question? 
    If you like my posts or comments, give a Like.
    My laptop is Acer Nitro 5 Spin (NP515-51). 
    I'm from India with love for technology, so message me if you want to discuss or ask a question  :3
  • FORTHELOVEOFGAWD
    After many hours (3 days.) of trying passwords I randomly found it, but am having a weird issue once I get in. My wifi is no longer here (icon is gone...) and it seems too be stuck in airplane mode. I've already tried to toggle it but its completely greyed out.

• FORTHELOVEOFGAWD
    fixed it! nvm lol
  • TECH_MAN
    Hi FORTHELOVEOFGAWD
    I'm happy to hear that you are able login now, please take a note of your password.