New acer aspire e 15 display doesnot turn ON after Sleep/Display off

Answers

• Syd25
    Syd25 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

I never encountered this problem with other laptops that I have used.
  • Have you updated bios to version 1.47? Have you tried changing the power plan for high performance power options? Is there any other program that can change or modify power options settings, such as epower management for example?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Syd25

Tinkerer

I updated the bios. Tried changing the performance settings from. But, no luck. I don't have other programs expect Intel UHD 620 graphics program
  • How long does the notebook need to be off so that it can not be activated again? Does this problem occur only on the battery or when the notebook is plugged in? Did you ever try to reset the battery as I explained on the previous page?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Syd25

Tinkerer

I am unable to activate it even within 3-4 seconds after the display is off. The problem occurs on both the battery and when plugged in. I tried resetting the battery earlier, no luck.
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Brian18188181
    Brian18188181 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Syd, were you able to fix this by changing the driver? I'm having the identical problem with the same laptop model. Thank you!
  • @Brian18188181 Create the new thread clicking in ask a question. Add me putting @.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• GLM
    GLM Member Posts: 52 Troubleshooter
    edited September 2019
    Try to downgrade previos  Bios version.  
    and TRY TO check your Keyboard and mouse when waking up .

• PPNSteve
    PPNSteve Member Posts: 7 New User
    Same issue here as well.. new question / thread started.
  • Randika
    Randika Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have the same lap top and same issue...I saw that this is a common issue in this Aser model. I have been looking for a solution for over year went to Aser service centre also. Could n't find any solution still. This is not for only windows 10 or something 8 or 7...it occurs on linux also. 
  • Have you updated the drivers and bios to version 1.49? Would windows 10 version 1909 fix this problem?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• PPNSteve
    PPNSteve Member Posts: 7 New User
    Not 100% sure which bios version I'm on.. will check and update as avail.. all drivers and windows are up to date / latest.. including ver 1909 Nov2019 feature release.

So not limited to windows.. more of a hardware issue..I'm thinking its something in the screen power logic or closely related.. bad control chip, etc..
  • pmusgerg
    pmusgerg Member Posts: 1 New User
    Has anyone solved this? Mine worked fine for a year and all of a sudden it exhibits the behaviour outlined in these posts. No new programs, no new drivers, no new windows updates. Just stopped waking up. Have to power down and power back on. 
  • Pyruz
    Pyruz Member Posts: 1 New User
    Been having that problem since I purchased the laptop from amazon almost 2 years ago.
    Was unable to fix it. When my computer sleeps I, most of the time but not every time, have to force shut down and re-start.
  • @Pyruz Create the new thread clicking in ask a question. Add me putting @.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Nirmal_C
    Nirmal_C Member Posts: 2 New User
    Install iobit Driver Booster and update the battery drivers
  • Nirmal_C
    Nirmal_C Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited May 2020
    Update "Microsoft Surface ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery"  Driver
  • Naveen101
    Naveen101 Member Posts: 22 Troubleshooter
    edited October 2020
    Nirmal_C said:
    Update "Microsoft Surface ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery"  Driver

I am now just fed up about Acer. Not gonna buy this.. i bought this laptop in 2018 august... and this is a BIOS issue... because i am a dual boot user(fedora and Windows and the same happened). There is not a single fix for this massive(massive means I mean literally most of the people who are using this Acer aspire e5 576G has the issue :) ) issue. if it would get better at least at this
    moment my mind will be at least satisfied with Acer but.. this doesn't seem to be fixing, my money is wasted and now i am in a regret.

If anyone can help that would be worth a lot!
  • paulosam
    paulosam Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited September 2021

After so much struggling with two machines e5 576 - 392h ... the solution was the intel driver 09/08/2021 - 30.0.100.9894