How to get in touch with support?

lgchromebook
lgchromebook Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Acer support is the biggest joke in the history of any product ever. The serial number is worn down on the sticker of my chromebook and there is no way to find it, and no way to contact support without it. I can't call them, they won't accept e-mails, and I cannot chat with them. How can I get in touch with them to repair my computer that is still under warranty?

Comments

• lgchromebook

Tinkerer

Due to the worst support in history, I cannot get ahold of acer. I have a chromebook and the battery has stopped working. It will not work unless plugged in. It is within the factory warranty, but the serial number sticker is worn down and I cannot talk to anyone without it. How can I talk to this horrible pathetic excuse for support?
  • Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,651 Pathfinder
    @lgchromebook
    sorry for your experience with Acer. Try to check the receipt for the serial number or the SNID. Try to check the box in which you got the chromebook for the serial number or SNID.
    You can also try this troubleshooting step to fix it.
    1. Turn off your Chromebook.
    2. Press and hold Refresh Refresh + tap Power Shut down for 30 seconds.
    To contact Acer support check the below link
    https://www.acer.com/worldwide/

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Do you still have the chromebook cardboard box? The cardboard box in which the device came includes the partnumber, the snid, and the exact model of the device.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • lgchromebook

Tinkerer

how does this help at all? I don't have the receipt from amazon, and I don't have the box. How can a company be this poorly run that they don't offer customer support? click the link you posted, and contact support without a serial number, then report how you did it. 
  • lgchromebook

Tinkerer

No. I did not keep the box for 8 months
  • Have you downloaded the identify card app from the google store?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • lgchromebook

Tinkerer

i have tried the alt-v method, and it says my sn is not valid
  • Do you remember what the model name was? Example an515-51-75kz. Check here too:
    1. Hold the following keys on the keyboard (Esc + refresh + power) to start the wipe process
    1. Hit (Ctrl + D) on the recovery screen (yellow exclamation mark)
    1. Hit (Enter) on the screen that states: “to turn OS verification OFF, press enter. Your system will…”
    1. On the next screen which has the red exclamation mark, let the system proceed to the next screen automatically. DO NOT HIT SPACEBAR
    1. Then, on the next screen which states: “The device owner has disabled developer mode for this device…” again, let the system reboot automatically
    1. When the chromebook restarts you will be at the screen that states: choose your language and network, you don’t need to fill this out just hit (ALT + V) and the serial number will display in the top right corner of the screen.
    https://support.hesperiausd.org/support/solutions/articles/1000183390-chromebook-find-serial-number

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• lgchromebook

Tinkerer

its model C302C. This is pathetic. I appreciate the help.
  • Did you check the spoiler?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Are you sure your chromebook is from Acer? See this: https://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/asus-chromebook-flip-c302c-2-10579089

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Snewzer
    Snewzer Member Posts: 1 New User
    Couldn't agree more. Tried to contact support several times today, call centre was chaotic, couldn't hear the agent above the din, when finally heard I could not understand what they were saying and they couldn't understand me. After a totally useless discussion they put the phone down on me! Been calling the warranty support number all day but it just cuts off. How do we get help under warranty?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited September 2019
    I will edit my answer so that there is no mistake in the topic.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Acer support is the biggest joke in the history of any product ever. The serial number is worn down on the sticker of my chromebook and there is no way to find it, and no way to contact support without it. I can't call them, they won't accept e-mails, and I cannot chat with them. How can I get in touch with them to repair my computer that is still under warranty?
    its model C302C. This is pathetic. I appreciate the help.

Hi lgchromebook,

We are very sorry to see that you’re experiencing issues with your Chromebook C302C, it looks like this is not an Acer product (Model). Please contact your Chromebook manufacture for better assistance. 

Thanks,

Acer-Manny
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    edited September 2019
    Snewzer said:
    Couldn't agree more. Tried to contact support several times today, call centre was chaotic, couldn't hear the agent above the din, when finally heard I could not understand what they were saying and they couldn't understand me. After a totally useless discussion they put the phone down on me! Been calling the warranty support number all day but it just cuts off. How do we get help under warranty?
    I am very sorry to hear this, you can also send your question directly via Online Email or contacting a support agent via CHAT.

Salute,
    Acer-Manny