Black screen in 4k-144hz mode XV273K

MasamuneK
MasamuneK Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
I just got my screen yesterday. With one cable, it works fine. I connected both cable and turn the 4K-144Hz mode one and then it become black. If I turn it off, the screen doesnt come back either. I need to do a hard reset of the computer and remove one of the cable in order to get an image back.
The first time I tried, it worked though. Then I switch on HDR because I wanted to see if it works and it turned back. And since then, I cannot get any image out with the 4K-144Hz.
Could it be that Windows is locked in HDR mode with the double cable mode? I cant see anything so I cant know what it is going on and cant switch it off, assuming it was on in the first place
Help is very much appreciated

Comments

• MasamuneK
    MasamuneK Member Posts: 2 New User
    Update. I connected one more display to see what is going on. Once I switch on the 4K-144Hz, windows actually freeze
  • Mvgigi
    Mvgigi Member Posts: 5 New User
    same problem ... 144 hz no longer works with two cables.  when I select the 144 hz mode the screen turns off and turns on continuously so I can't work anymore.  until a few weeks ago it worked well, I don't know if it's a monitor or windows problem ...
  • Mvgigi
    edited August 2019
    The problem seems to be the geforce 436.02 drivers that
     do not operate the 144hz mode with double cable well with my 1080ti. In fact I tried with the standard windows drivers and the 144hz mode works ....  hope that Nvidia will notice the problem
  • Mvgigi
    I confirm, the cause is the geforce 436.02 drivers. installing the 431.60 version the monitor works normally at 144hz. Acer needs to solve the problem otherwise if this 1000 euro monitor loses its most important feature (144hz 10bit) I don't want it anymore !! Thanks

Sorry for my bad English ...;)
  • davep1
    davep1 Member Posts: 2 New User
    After Nvidia driver 436.02 144hz stopped working, the display would only flash. Worked normally before this, can now only run on one display port.
  • Mvgigi

has anyone solved it?
  • davep1
    davep1 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Solved, for XV273k not having 144hz after Nvidia driver 436.02. I found that you have to turn off g-sync in Nvidia control panel, after doing so, started working for me.
  • korzh_yura
    korzh_yura Member Posts: 5 New User
    edited September 2019
    Yesterday I turn on my xv273 first time and - i have the same ( black screen) even in 2 display ports 120hz with latest nvidia drivers but, i also have constant visible flickering on the all leftside of the screen!!!
    Should I back and refund or I can do anyhing with this? Any suggestions?
  • Melancholysoul
    Melancholysoul Member Posts: 2 New User
    Same problem. And, when I alt+tab from BF5, I take. This bug always appears when I select 144Hz
  • Melancholysoul
    Melancholysoul Member Posts: 2 New User
    I sent a request to tech support. They answered me - contact the service center. In my city - 5 authorized Acer service centers. I brought them a monitor, spending money, time. The service center said - we do not repair this, there is no way and you can not contact others, because they will not help you there either. I left by taxi, spending
    money again. According to them, they called Aсer and there is no way out. The service center said that this is not being repaired in general and it is better to turn it over to the store, which I did. Shop in another city and shipping at my expense. I lost a lot of money, time, while collecting a powerful computer for this monitor. Then, I began to study forums on company monitors, I saw a lot of negative information, namely on monitors. On YouTube, I saw a video regarding the problem with monitors, where the author calls to ignore the company. For 2 days of studying information about the company, I realized that their engineers are one of the saddest in the international market. Do not fix the problem with monitors, rudely close topics on the problem. They answered that I would contact the service center and block my request, without offering anything adequate. This is a spit in the client who is ready to buy monitors not for $ 100, but for 1000-2000. As a person who supplies equipment to private and legal entities, I will urge you not to buy these monitors. Shame. 
  • Mvgigi
    finally works with the latest drivers !!😀😀😀😁😁