How to stop the lag on my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-51-73KZ?

Reavers99
Reavers99 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Need help when ever a play a game on my new nitro 5 it has lag/freezes and runs slow making playing games impossible and I had to go back to my 8 year old laptop which runs perfectly. Is there a fix for this or do I need to pack up the laptop and return it to the store and get a refund and buy a different gaming laptop?

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Please post your exact model number AN515-**  the fix is easy

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Reavers99

Tinkerer

the model number is 51-73KZ
  • andylb
    edited September 2019
    You have 2 graphics cards and you need to set the Nvidia card to be used for gaming, there is nothing wrong with your laptop but there us an initial GPU setup procedure. Rather than detail how to here read this post where I just solved this problem for another user
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/576748/gpu-dedicated/p1

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Reavers99

Tinkerer

So I followed the instructions from the other post and still hasn't fixed the lag/freezing while playing games or using apps 
  • Alpha_d3vil
    Alpha_d3vil Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    Reavers99 said:
    So I followed the instructions from the other post and still hasn't fixed the lag/freezing while playing games or using apps 
    Freezing in the middle of a game?i m facing the same prob(nitro an515-52)....not lagging in the game but freezing,after 1-2 hrs of gaming suddenly laptop froze and reboot itself
  • Reavers99

Tinkerer

My freezing happens as soon as I turn the laptop on and it also not just games but all the time 
  • andylb
    Reavers99 said:
    Freezing in the middle of a game?i m facing the same prob(nitro an515-52)....not lagging in the game but freezing,after 1-2 hrs of gaming suddenly laptop froze and reboot itself

Please start a new topic for your problem, one problem to one topic, because the problems are similar but different. Thankyou

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• andylb
    edited September 2019
    Reavers99 said:
    Need help when ever a play a game on my new nitro 5 it has lag/freezes and runs slow making playing games impossible and I had to go back to my 8 year old laptop which runs perfectly. Is there a fix for this or do I need to pack up the laptop and return it to the store and get a refund and buy a different gaming laptop?

In your original post you didn't really say that this problem was happening all the time.
    Do a battery reset. Turn off and unplug, Take a straightened paperclip and put it into the small hole on the underside of your laptop, press for 10 seconds then do nothing for 15 minutes, now plug in and power up

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Alpha_d3vil
    Reavers99 said:
    My freezing happens as soon as I turn the laptop on and it also not just games but all the time 
    ok nvm
  • Reavers99

Tinkerer

andylb said:
    Reavers99 said:

In your original post you didn't really say that this problem was happening all the time.
    Do a battery reset. Turn off and unplug, Take a straightened paperclip and put it into the small hole on the underside of your laptop, press for 10 seconds then do nothing for 15 minutes, now plug in and power up
    Tried it and still has the same problem what else can be done?
  • andylb
    Reinstall Windows, reboot and press Alt + f10 while its booting

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Reavers99

Tinkerer

andylb said:
    ok, I am new to windows 10 how do you reinstall?
  • andylb
    Reavers99 said:
    andylb said:
    ok, I am new to windows 10 how do you reinstall?

Reboot and press Alt + f10 at the Acer logo screen

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• GLM
    GLM Member Posts: 52 Troubleshooter
    Remember u need to charge 50-100%  keep it plugged , and u can start playing ,  
    3D settings   Change from.Auto ~ GPU 
    Set the  Physx in Nvidia settings, from Auto ~ Nvidia GPU ,
     Set also 3D tabs 3D or Performance , 

in.Global.Settings Change The FollOWing 

CUDA CPU'S  ~make sure to.check Inside 
    open.Gl  Rendering ~  From.Auto ~ Nvidia gpu .

Open  Power management Plan ,

Type Search bar ,  "Edit  power plan "

look.for PROCESSOR.MANAGEMENT 

click Add    inside Ull .See  Minimum Processor State amd Maximum , BOTH set To 100%.  

• andylb
    @GLM He's done all that

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Reavers99

Tinkerer

andylb said:
    Still have the same issue with the pause when using apps
  • KedWalker
    KedWalker Member Posts: 33 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    edited September 2019
    open nitro sense and play games ... see the temperature stat send pic here i wanna see temperature graph .. run games around 5 minute

like this but i wanna see the temperature graph so open it and run some game for a minutes .. to give the graph running ..it seem like maybe high temp that you suffer lag 

if you can record it .. sure post on youtube and give me the link so .. i can see ur problem more clearly
  • Sreyas
    Sreyas Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

My guess would be the laptop over heating..... to confirm that, you will need to do something, to see if overheating and thermal throttling is the issue.

You should install the MSI afterburner and then monitor your stats on the screen. If you haven't used the MSI afterburner then use this link and follow as he says https://youtu.be/mUS3zx0DlHg . You should enable these --> CPU Temp, CPU Usage, CPU Clock, GPU Temp, GPU Usage, GPU Clock, Framerate.

Now start gaming till your PC starts lagging and push it for 5 more minutes. Then Click some pics of the temps that are being displayed by the MSI Afterburner. Then post it here. After doing that, we can try to solve your issue...
  • Alpha_d3vil
    andylb said:
    Reavers99 said:

Please start a new topic for your problem, one problem to one topic, because the problems are similar but different. Thankyou
    i did and got some answers too............just wanted to know from fellow user.That's y i commented here

• geddarinn
    geddarinn Member Posts: 2 New User

Reavers99 said:
    this lin

You only have to Update the Bios....it will solve your problem.
    follow this link. search the right bios update with your computer serial number.
     https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/576259#Comment_576259