Acer Aspire E15 E5-575G battery issue

Luckydprince
Luckydprince Member Posts: 6 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi I have Acer aspire E15 E5-565G and suffering battery issues. When battery low notification pop up saying 10% I plug the power connector and my laptop automatically goes sleep. And one thing is this version post on Acer website will last until 12 hours for regular browsing but my battery lasts only less than 2 hours and same with charging it took only less than 2 hours too.

Answers

• TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    Hi Luckydprince

Please try a simple power reset and check the issue. Shutdown the laptop. Disconnect the charger. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device.The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger, power On the laptop and check the issue.

If the issue persists, open device manager, under the Batteries category, Uninstall "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery".
    Then in Device Manager taskbar, click Scan for hardware changes. After device manager detects Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Batterycomponent and restores it, restart your computer and issue should be fixed.
    Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Luckydprince
    Luckydprince Member Posts: 6 New User
    Thank you sir. I will do it the next time I experience. As of now my battery was improved from less than 2 hours of used time it goes less than 4 hours thanks to new update of windows 10. I’m hoping for my first battery issue that will changed too. I hope it just a software issues
  • TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    Your Welcome Luckydprince you try those steps and let us know

*Hit Like if it's Helpful*
    Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • MatePrsk
    MatePrsk Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hi, I found this post accidentally, but I have a question related to this. So I pushed the reset button, did what I wanted to do, but after that I couldn't start my pc. on battery, only with the charger. When it enters windows, the little battery icon says battery is at 65% and charging, but it doesn't charge more than that value and the pc doesn't work on battery at all. What should I do?
  • ____ACHIYA____
    ____ACHIYA____ Member Posts: 2 New User
    MatePrsk said:
    Hi, I found this post accidentally, but I have a question related to this. So I pushed the reset button, did what I wanted to do, but after that I couldn't start my pc. on battery, only with the charger. When it enters windows, the little battery icon says battery is at 65% and charging, but it doesn't charge more than that value and the pc doesn't work on battery at all. What should I do?
    Hey, I have the exact problem with my E15-576 also. Do you have any solution?