Acer Predator Helios 300 G3-571 - Laptop bezel popping off hinges when opening lid

eminem2ka9
eminem2ka9 Member Posts: 68 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Just the past hour i noticed this, when i open it, pic related happens! I think it's the back of the laptop that's coming off or the top of the split you see here. I have inserted a link, yeah it's a bit dusty with the phone light on. Is this a big job to fix? i know as a fact that if i continue to use this laptop, it's only all down hill from here.  I hope it's only a matter of opening it up and tightening a screw but i'd doubt it with my luck.
https://i.imgur.com/50sQvQG.jpg
Model: Acer Predator Helios 300 g3-571

There's a bit of dust that i've ignored over the years, it probably has its own eco-system at this point.

Answers

• aceerfan
    aceerfan Member Posts: 54 Devotee WiFi Icon
    you should clean that up by performing some minimal maintenance. if you don't want to do it yourself maybe you can bring it to some computer shop to  do it for you I'm assuming its out of warranty.

for an easy fix you can use some cloth tape but clean it first

hope this helps
    Tips 1: For gaming laptop make sure before you shut down especially after a heavy gaming session to let it cool down for at least 10min before you switch it off!

• eminem2ka9
    aceerfan said:
    you should clean that up by performing some minimal maintenance. if you don't want to do it yourself maybe you can bring it to some computer shop to  do it for you I'm assuming its out of warranty.

for an easy fix you can use some cloth tape but clean it first

hope this helps
    I did some cleaning this morning, and i'm not so sure about tape as i want a proper repair or solution. I was thinking of the likes of Gorilla glue but that's messy and putting the screen itself at risk. I'll likely open it later to see what the issue is, hard to tell which side is the culprit. Whether it's a screw or clip inside, hoping just a screw.
  • eminem2ka9
    Opened the impaired hinge bezel up and 2 pieces came out. Seems to be clips inside, had a look around and because i'm unfamiliar with how it looked like when it was fine, so i just tried to see if anything was 'broken'. It did seem a few plastics were exposed or severed, but not entirely sure. Added a few images. Sorry they're not entirely clear ;(

• Carnagee
    Carnagee Member Posts: 1 New User
    How do i change dpi, what do i download
  • check this fru list:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)