Acer Predator Helios 300 running low FPS on Overwatch

luca2fish
luca2fish Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi, I just recently got the 2019 Helios 300, and I am having trouble running overwatch. The reviews online all benchmark the game running medium at 150+fps, but I am running it at 90 FPS. I have redownloaded, updated drivers, reset the whole computer, yet nothing seems to be working. I have no idea what is causing this. Even if the game was running on high, I should still be getting over 100 FPS. Any help?

Best Answer

• luca2fish

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    JERKje said:
    Hi luca2fish,

Was the laptop connected to AC supply when you were playing? Maybe try using turbo mode and decreasing the amount of background processes, hope it helps.

Cheers!
    It was, and turbo mode was on. But I fixed it by going to Nvidia Control Center>3d Settings>power options>prefer max power. Thanks for your reply!

Answers

• JERKje
    JERKje Member Posts: 4 New User
    Hi luca2fish,

Was the laptop connected to AC supply when you were playing? Maybe try using turbo mode and decreasing the amount of background processes, hope it helps.

Cheers!
  • Wolver1ne
    Wolver1ne Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

luca2fish said:
    Hi, I just recently got the 2019 Helios 300, and I am having trouble running overwatch. The reviews online all benchmark the game running medium at 150+fps, but I am running it at 90 FPS. I have redownloaded, updated drivers, reset the whole computer, yet nothing seems to be working. I have no idea what is causing this. Even if the game was running on high, I should still be getting over 100 FPS. Any help?
    Bruh
    go to the settings and put resolution scaling to 100% :)
  • luca2fish

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    JERKje said:
    Hi luca2fish,

Cheers!
    It was, and turbo mode was on. But I fixed it by going to Nvidia Control Center>3d Settings>power options>prefer max power. Thanks for your reply!
  • luca2fish

Tinkerer

Wolver1ne said:
    luca2fish said:
    Bruh
    Resolution scaling was at 100%. But I fixed it by going to the Nvidia Control Center>3D settings>prefer max power. Getting 200+ Fps now.
  • aceerfan
    aceerfan Member Posts: 54 Devotee WiFi Icon
    glad you solved i
    luca2fish said:
    Wolver1ne said:
    luca2fish said:
    Bruh
    Resolution scaling was at 100%. But I fixed it by going to the Nvidia Control Center>3D settings>prefer max power. Getting 200+ Fps now.
    Glad you solved it bro and thanks for the solution!
    Tips 1: For gaming laptop make sure before you shut down especially after a heavy gaming session to let it cool down for at least 10min before you switch it off!