Cb3 431 stuck on loadi g screen

Crowds
Crowds Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I work I. A nursing homea d one of our residents uses a chromebook 14 cb3 431. The other week it would not boot a d just showed the chromebook logo. I created a reco ery USB a d reinstalled the os and all was well. But its happened again. I was suspecting a failed update to  begin with but now I'm not so sure. Any ideas? 

Answers

• TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    Hi Crowds

Use the following steps to create a USB recovery flash drive and reinstall the Chrome operating system. You will need a PC with internet access and a 4 GB or larger USB flash drive to complete this procedure.

1. Hold the Esc and Refresh (F3) keys, then press the power button to boot to Developer Mode.
    2. Write down the model number at the bottom of this screen.
    3. After you have your model number, create a USB Recovery Flash Drive for your Chromebook.
    4. Reinstall the Chrome OS with your USB recovery drive.
    Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Crowds
    Thanks for the reply, I have done this already and it worked for a day or so then went back to the boot screen
  • TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    Hi Crowds
    If you already those Steps I suggest you contact Acer Support if its Still Under warranty Link:- http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/
    Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Crowds
    Yeah I'm pretty sure the warenty has expired. I'll maybe try a new hard drive and the recovery usb