Hi. Earlier today we had a power outage & now my Aspire XC-885 is not booting up!

hermitaget
hermitaget Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
Hi. Thoughts/suggestions most welcome.

On startup all I get is "Reboot and select proper Boot Device......"  I have gone into BIOS and used F9 and F10 to do default resets" to no avail.

I am unable to access Windows 10 ....so what next ???

Best Answer

• TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    edited September 2019 Answer ✓
    Hi hermitaget

Turn Off Your Computer and now turn ON Hold Alt key and Tap F10 to get advance option, then Select Troubleshoot>Advance Options>Startup Settings>F5 Safe mode

"Hit Like If its Helpful"
    Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• TECH_MAN
    Hi hermitaget
    I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Place the system in Safe Mode and check if it works fine.

1. Restart your PC. When you reach the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key and select the Power button, and then select Restart.

2. After your PC restarts, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options >Startup settings > Restart. After your PC restarts, you should see a number of options. Press 5 or F5 for Safe Mode with networking.

If the issue persists, then try Startup repair. 

In the “Windows Setup” dialog box that appears, set the Time and currency format, Keyboard or input method and the language to install and then click “Next”.
    Click on “Repair your computer” from the lower left corner.
    From the “Choose an option screen”, click on “Troubleshoot”.
    Click “Advanced Options” in the “Troubleshoot” screen.
    In the “Advanced Options” screen, click “Startup Repair”

• hermitaget
    Hi. Tech_Man. Thanks for the prompt response. Sadly, all I get when I start the computer is "reboot and select .........." I appear unable to make any headway other than being able to open the BIOS screen. I have used F9 & F10 in BIOS to reset to default  ....but it does not appear to help. How can I get to safe mode at startup (as a first step).
  • TECH_MAN
    edited September 2019 Answer ✓
    Hi hermitaget

Turn Off Your Computer and now turn ON Hold Alt key and Tap F10 to get advance option, then Select Troubleshoot>Advance Options>Startup Settings>F5 Safe mode

• Perform a power reset. To do this, turn off the desktop and unplug it from the socket. Then press the power button for thirty seconds.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • hermitaget
    Tech_Man.   Thank you +++  With your help accessed Windows 10 .....& it did the necessary repair !
  • renvan
    renvan Member Posts: 1 New User
    wen i want to enter Safe Mode, i get a red screen: Secure Boot Violation / Invalid signature detected. Check Secure Boot Policy Setup" Same happens when turned off (?!). Now what?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,451 Trailblazer
    @renvan, please start a new thread (Ask a Question button) for your question. Include the full model of your computer (like XC-885-xxxx) and what you are seeing. Be sure and tell us all the steps it takes to get where you see the error, there are more than one way to enter safe mode...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.