Gpu dedicated

RazvanKasa54
RazvanKasa54 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello today my nitro 5 just arived , and i install a windows, and when i what to play i saw, my 1060 doesent work, only the integrated one, i try with power performance, and anything doesent works.. please help me ..

Best Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited September 2019 Answer ✓
    Hello today my nitro 5 just arived , and i install a windows, and when i what to play i saw, my 1060 doesent work, only the integrated one, i try with power performance, and anything doesent works.. please help me ..

Go to the Nvidia control panel then Manage 3d settings. Under Preferred graphics processor, use Global tab if you want to select the 1060 to run all programs or if you select the Program Settings tab you can select individual programs that you want to run on the 1060 and make sure they are set to High Performance
    Please click YES if I have answered your question, thankyou

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• andylb
    Answer ✓
    Instead of the Global Tab van you please go to the Program Settings Tab and set each game individually to run on the Nvidia at High Performance, let me know how that works

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• andylb
    Answer ✓
    andylb said:
    Instead of the Global Tab van you please go to the Program Settings Tab and set each game individually to run on the Nvidia at High Performance, let me know how that works
    It workkkk, tyy so much, love you

I'm happy to help, have fun

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

Answers

• andylb
    edited September 2019 Answer ✓

Go to the Nvidia control panel then Manage 3d settings. Under Preferred graphics processor, use Global tab if you want to select the 1060 to run all programs or if you select the Program Settings tab you can select individual programs that you want to run on the 1060 and make sure they are set to High Performance

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• andylb
    edited September 2019
    Some other tips. Always game with your battery charged to 100% BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged into the power while you game. Gaming laptops cannot reach high performance for gaming when on battery only, and please give your exact model number AN515-**
    Update your Nvidia drivers from here, the laptop ships with old drivers and my advice is to decline GEforce experience, instead manually check once per month for updates
    https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• RazvanKasa54

Tinkerer

andylb said:

I tryed that thing, and just the same, maybe i should restart the windows?  Or idk,, euro truck it run poorly
  • andylb
    edited September 2019
    So you selected the Nvidia instead of AUTO SELECT? Did youi update the Nvidia drivers as I outlined above?

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• RazvanKasa54

Tinkerer

andylb said:
    So you selected the Nvidia instead of AUTO SELECT? Did youi update the Nvidia drivers as I outlined above?

andylb said:

Yes, i updated, and idk what have, i try that one more time, when i arived home, right  now im at work, that should work
  • andylb
    Yes sir it should work

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• RazvanKasa54

Tinkerer

andylb said:
    Yes sir it should work

How do you say, to put windows 7 instead? It gonna work better?
  • andylb
    edited September 2019
    No it should work fine on windows 10, The laptop is designed to work on Windows 10, Windows 7 is no longer supported. You have a small setup problem and we will fix it. You must also make sure that Windows is et to High Performance in your settings. follow these steps
    https://tunecomp.net/add-high-performance-plan-windows-10-power-options/

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• RazvanKasa54

Tinkerer

andylb said:
    No it should work fine on windows 10, The laptop is designed to work on Windows 10, Windows 7 is no longer supported. You have a small setup problem and we will fix it. You must also make sure that Windows is et to High Performance in your settings. follow these steps
    I selected the high performance, i put in nvdidia the 1060, and doesent work...
  • andylb
    edited September 2019
    how do you know it isn't running on the NVIDIA? What is telling you that? Do you have loww fps or freezing in game? we may be missing the obvious here

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• RazvanKasa54

Tinkerer

andylb said:
    how do you know it isn't running on the NVIDIA? What is telling you that? Do you have loww fps or freezing in game? we may be missing the obvious here

Yes, is freezinng and lagging so hard
  • andylb
    In that case I don't know why, what is your exact model number AN515-**

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• RazvanKasa54

Tinkerer

andylb said:
    In that case I don't know why, what is your exact model number AN515-**
    I tell you when i arived home, is i7 8750h and 1060 6 gb
  • andylb
    Answer ✓

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• RazvanKasa54

Tinkerer

andylb said:
    I just arived home, i get into a game and i started nitro sense and gpu is used 0%
  • RazvanKasa54

Tinkerer

andylb said:
  • andylb
    Answer ✓
    andylb said:

I'm happy to help, have fun

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• RazvanKasa54

Tinkerer

andylb said:
    I selected the high performance, i put in nvdidia the 1060, idk what to do else...
  • RazvanKasa54

Tinkerer

andylb said:
    I selected the high performance, i put in nvdidia the 1060, idk what to do else...
  • andylb
    andylb said:

I don't understand because in your comment posted below you said that it now works

andylb said:

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★