Rapid battery wear

andwtc
andwtc Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I currently have a Swift 5 that was purchased in April 2019. I've noticed that there's very high battery wear over the past few months and currently there's wear of 29.2%, barely 5 months after purchase. I've not experienced this issue with any of my previous laptops. Could anyone share if this is a technical issue and I should take the laptop into the service center?

Comments

• TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    edited September 2019
    Hi andwtc

Could you please follow the instructions for manual calibration of the battery(somewhere in the middle of the page).
    https://www.howtogeek.com/172271/how-to-calibrate-your-laptops-battery-for-accurate-battery-life-estimates/

Try reinstalling Microsoft ACPI-compliant control method battery driver, go to Device manager, expand Batteries, highlight and right click Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control method battery, click Properties, go to Driver tab and uninstall the driver, reboot and let Windows install the driver.

"Hit YES if its Helpful"
    "Hit Accept if its Resolved the Issue" 
    Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • andwtc
    andwtc Member Posts: 4 New User
    Thanks for the advice. I've recalibrated and reinstalled the driver. The battery wear has increased to 29.6%. I think this level of battery wear is not normal for just a few months?