Bought Nitro 5 New, Got it Refurbished.

RapidBeef
RapidBeef Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
August 19th 2019, I purchased the best device regarding specs I have ever owned, I was going to use it for school as most people who had it says that battery can last up to 8 hours. Bought it directly off of acer.ca (I'm Canadian). When I started school on September 4th I already noticed my battery lasted about 2 hours while doing practically nothing. I checked the serial number and went to repair my Acer. It said that my warranty was expired as it was purchased on December 10th 2018. This came as a surprise as I was their for the purchasing of the laptop. I am guessing Acer sent me a refurbished laptop which is NOT WORTH $1,500!! I feel scammed and am not having a good experience from Acer support as I'm just getting message instructions on how to send the laptop to Acer. I truly believe this is unfair and should be handled accordingly.

Answers

• RapidBeef
    edited September 2019
    I'm also slightly fed up with Acer so I was wondering if I am able to get a refund after purchasing it 19 days ago.
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    RapidBeef said:
    August 19th 2019, I purchased the best device regarding specs I have ever owned, I was going to use it for school as most people who had it says that battery can last up to 8 hours. Bought it directly off of acer.ca (I'm Canadian). When I started school on September 4th I already noticed my battery lasted about 2 hours while doing practically nothing. I checked the serial number and went to repair my Acer. It said that my warranty was expired as it was purchased on December 10th 2018. This came as a surprise as I was their for the purchasing of the laptop. I am guessing Acer sent me a refurbished laptop which is NOT WORTH $1,500!! I feel scammed and am not having a good experience from Acer support as I'm just getting message instructions on how to send the laptop to Acer. I truly believe this is unfair and should be handled accordingly.

This Forum is a community of users sharing our knowledge or lack of lol. Your question can only be answered by Acer directly

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• RapidBeef
    andylb said:
    RapidBeef said:

This Forum is a community of users sharing our knowledge or lack of lol. Your question can only be answered by Acer directly
    andylb said:
    RapidBeef said:

Fat oof
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru

Hello RapidBeef,

I'm sorry that you're having issues with your Acer Nitro laptop.  Can you please send me a private message with the serial number of your unit so I can look into this for you?

Thanks in advance, 

Acer-Manny