I got more issue that cant be solved, after i updated bios to 1.28 version

System
System Member Posts: 4,518 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
This discussion was created from comments split from: The BIOS latest update is broke Nitro 5 AN 515-52.

Comments

• binyahya14
    binyahya14 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited September 2019
    I got more issue that cant be solved, after i updated bios to 1.28 version, and then notification shown(from desktop) that  i must restart the pc to complete update, and then i cant boot and it did automatic repair, after that shown like this. Now i cant use my laptop. Btw model nitro 5 an515-52, whats wrong with u acer? Why u give a broken bios update to us?? XXXXX @Acer-Manny @Acer-Karp

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Manny]

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    In that sceen go to Advanced options then advanced startup options then Restore my computer to an earlier date and try that

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Jaximus
    Jaximus Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have that same issue with bios 1.28 on my Nitro 5 AN515-53 after reinstalling windows several times and still getting blue screens i read that the bios said Update new battery support and after simply unplugging my charger everything on my computer runs smooth so acer probably should check that out
  • binyahya14
    binyahya14 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

andylb said:
    In that sceen go to Advanced options then advanced startup options then Restore my computer to an earlier date and try that
    dude plz dont ever think im a newbie, i have already tried any ways but still booting and cant do automatic repair. And finally i reinstall windows that i lost all my data. Why acer releasing a buggy bios update?
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited September 2019
    andylb said:
    dude plz dont ever think im a newbie, i have already tried any ways but still booting and cant do automatic repair. And finally i reinstall windows that i lost all my data. Why acer releasing a buggy bios update?

I'm sorry if I offended you but you didn't say that you had done the steps that I suggested therefore I had no way of knowing, so when posting a question please detail the EXACT steps that you have already taken. From what you are saying Restore to an earlier date didn't work. We don't work for Acer, this is a peer to peer community that shares what knowledge we have. I would contact Acer support for your region and tell them the concerns you have about the BIOS update because this forum is not a contact point for them to respond to your question

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• kallex
    kallex Member Posts: 1 New User
    I just updated to 1.28 and got a BSOD. I changed SATA Mode in BIOS to AHCI and it solved the issue. Might want to try it out.