No bootable device

Liamsr
Liamsr Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I was using my Acer nitro 5 and it was working fine, I ended up dropping it but nothing happened. The next time I logged on I got the "No bootable Device" issue. I did some research and found that buying a new ssd card would most likely fix it. I bought the 970 Evo plus NVMe M.2. I installed the new ssd card and it still won't work. I went through the F2 and reset option. And I also set it to legacy with no help. I need help with what I should do next. Is the SSD card not compatible? Or is something else broken?

Answers

• TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    edited September 2019
    Hi Liamsr
    No Bootable Device" if your computer does not detect a hard drive, solid state drive, or other bootable drive to load the operating system. This can sometimes be caused by a change to settings in your BIOS or UEFI. Use the following steps to resolve this situation:
    1. Hold the power-button for 5 seconds to power off the device.
    2. Power on the system. As soon as the first logo screen appears, immediately press the F2 key, or the DEL key if you have a desktop, to enter the BIOS.
    3. Press F9 and then ENTER to load the default configuration. Press F10 to save your changes, and restart the system. Select Yes and press ENTER to confirm.
    If your already Replaced SSD as mention, then you have reload OS Using Recovery Flash Drive

*Hit Like if it's Helpful*
    Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Liamsr
    Liamsr Member Posts: 2 New User
    How should I get a recovery drive if my computer is broken?