Realtek Audio Console driver fails to install on Windows 10 - A515-43-R19L

animeshmudalgi
animeshmudalgi Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited June 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I have A515-43-R19L and i am trying to install Realtek Audio Console but i keep getting "ERROR Driver UWP Install process failed with ERROR code 183". I have already installed the audio drivers from the support page.

//Edited the content to add model name.

Best Answer

Answers

• javak810i
    javak810i Member Posts: 2 New User
    Having the same problem here. I am trying to update the drivers in my Nitro 5 AN517-51 with the drivers from Acer support site, but they only have the .cmd files (no .exe installs) and I keep getting the same error.
  • TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    Hi animeshmudalgi & javak810i

Go to >device manager --> sound, video and game controllers --> right click Realtek High Definition Audio (not nvidia or intel) --> Update Driver
    --> browse computer --> Let me pick --> Have disk --> browse --> i went to the "Audio_Realtek_Win10_64_VER6018509\Realtek\Codec_8509" folder and chose HDXASUS.inf

*Hit Accept if it's Helpful*
    Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • animeshmudalgi

Tinkerer

edited September 2019
    TECH_MAN said:
    Hi animeshmudalgi & javak810i

Go to >device manager --> sound, video and game controllers --> right click Realtek High Definition Audio (not nvidia or intel) --> Update Driver
    --> browse computer --> Let me pick --> Have disk --> browse --> i went to the "Audio_Realtek_Win10_64_VER6018509\Realtek\Codec_8509" folder and chose HDXASUS.inf

*Hit Accept if it's Helpful*

Best drivers are already installed. It was working fine on Windows 10 1809 but doesnt work on 1903. Same is the case with Raedon Settings. You need to provide updated VGA and Audio drivers + Realtek Audio Console driver for 1903.
  • animeshmudalgi

Tinkerer

Amy update on this? it seems the audio driver/realtek audio console and the vga driver is not updated for Windows 1903.
  • kbm2019
    kbm2019 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello  I tried that, but it doesn't help,  isn't there any other solution?
  • animeshmudalgi

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    I solved it a month ago. The drivers on the page are now updated to support Windows 1903 but the UWP apps are not. So just download and install UWP apps directly from the microsoft store.

Realtek Audio Console
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/realtek-audio-control/9p2b8mcsvpln

AMD Radeon Settings Lite
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/amd-radeon-settings-lite/9n9370crz0fn?activetab=pivot:overviewtab
  • fcrv
    fcrv Member Posts: 1 New User
    Been having issues for the past few days. The solution that animeshmudalgi proposed does work to install the app. However it seems the app is broken.
    It came pre-installed on my laptop, and it worked for several months. But recently (with a windows update) the app stopped working right. Currently, you can install it from the windows store, however it doesn't show up if you search for it directly on the windows store app. If I connect an audio device, the app will give me a prompt to set the audio device type, but once I set it, it just uses the laptops speakers. If I open up the console and manually set the device type twice, the device starts working, however this is certainly not usable.

Currently, the best solution I've found is to uninstall the "Realtek Audio Console" UWP app by right-clicking on it in the start menu and selecting "Uninstall". Windows will manage your audio devices, and you might run into more issues in the future (Particularly with the microphone), but at least your speakers and head-set should work fine.
  • ishidamitsunari
    ishidamitsunari Member Posts: 34 Troubleshooter
    I solved it a month ago. The drivers on the page are now updated to support Windows 1903 but the UWP apps are not. So just download and install UWP apps directly from the microsoft store.

Realtek Audio Console
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/realtek-audio-control/9p2b8mcsvpln

AMD Radeon Settings Lite
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/amd-radeon-settings-lite/9n9370crz0fn?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

is there an alternative download link?
    i don't use microscam junk app