Touchpad Synaptics/ELAN NOT showing in Device Managers PH315-51

2»

Answers

• Oyos
    Oyos Member Posts: 17

Tinkerer

Hi,
    As I wrote before, while in Basic mode and Logitech mouse disconnected, please post the snips of Human Interface device extended, post the snips of Hardware IDs for Standard PS/2 mouse.
    Hi, with the mouse disconnected, please see below snips. Thanks.

• Although you do not use this program, have you tried to update drivers with driverbooster?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • You have Synaptics device installed in your laptop, go to Acer support site(link below), download Tochpad driver for Synaptics and extract it, open the folder and right click Setup.exe, select "Run as Admin".
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/7603?b=1
  • Oyos

Tinkerer

You have Synaptics device installed in your laptop, go to Acer support site(link below), download Tochpad driver for Synaptics and extract it, open the folder and right click Setup.exe, select "Run as Admin".
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/7603?b=1
    Thanks, I have done this but still gestures on touchpad doesnt work. 
  • Oyos

Tinkerer

Although you do not use this program, have you tried to update drivers with driverbooster?
    No I havent tried driverbooster yet.
  • Hi,
    Have you switched to Advanced in BIOS after installing the driver?
  • In addition to friend's tip brummyfan2, check this other user's tip: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/711883/#Comment_711883
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Oyos

Tinkerer

Hi,
    NOW IT WORKS FINE!!! BIG THANKS!
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Oyos said:
    Hi,
    NOW IT WORKS FINE!!! BIG THANKS!
    You are welcome  :)
  • Great my friend! Accept colleague brummyfan2's response to post the topic as resolved.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Oyos

Tinkerer

Great my friend! Accept colleague brummyfan2's response to post the topic as resolved.
    Ok, done... I think haha
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,581 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Oyos said:
    Great my friend! Accept colleague brummyfan2's response to post the topic as resolved.
    Ok, done... I think haha
    Next time when you clean install and the device doesn't appear in device manager, use both the touchpad drivers' exe files from your model's support page. Wrong one will show you error, and correct one will install properly.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • MrShane
    MrShane Member Posts: 4 New User
    @brummyfan2
    I have exact same problem laptop model Nitro 5 AN515-55
  • Hi, You have to start a new thread, in the meantime, go to BIOS and move to Main tab, check whether the Touchpad is in I2C mode, if not switch to I2C and see whether it helps, if this doesn't help, start a new thread, thanks.