Touchpad Synaptics/ELAN NOT showing in Device Managers PH315-51

Oyos
Oyos Member Posts: 17

Tinkerer

edited February 2021 in Predator Laptops
Hi, as the subject says, I cannot find the touchpad synaptics/elan in the device manager. My problem is that I cannot use touchpad gestures such as two-finger scroll, etc. but I can use the touchpad for clicking and normal scrolling. I have attached a screenshot of what I am seeing in the device manager. Please help. Thanks.

Best Answer

Answers

• Oyos

Tinkerer

To add, I have downloaded both drivers from the acer website as shown in the attached file.
  • Hi,
    We need to know the laptop model name, like E5-xxx etc, in the mean time, go to BIOS screen, move to Main tab and check whether the Touchpad is in Basic mode, if it is switch to Advanced and see whether it helps.

• Oyos

Tinkerer

Thanks. I followed what you said and switched it to Advanced. Now the touchpad is not working entirely. It cannot scroll nor click.

Laptop model is PH315-51. Here is new screenshot of the device manager.

Will keep it in advanced for now and wait for your reply. Thanks.

• No problem, go to Device manager, expand Human Interface Devices and post the snip.
  • Oyos

Tinkerer

Here it is:

Thanks

• Hi,
    I am trying to find the actual device used in your laptop, whether it's Synaptics or Elan touchpad, so be patient, now you don't have I2C HID device missing in Human Interface Devices. You have to do these things:
    1. You have two HID Compliant mouse under Mice and other pointing Device, check their Hardware IDs.
    Right click HID-compliant mouse and select Properties, move to Details tab, select Hardware IDs with the drop down arrow, and show me the Value by taking a snip and posting in your reply, please do for both HID-compliant mouse.
    2.Go to Device manager, expand System Devices, check the driver version for Intel Serial I2C Host controller, post the snip.

• Oyos

Tinkerer

Thanks for your prompt replies.

1. Snips of HID-compliant mouse

1st:

2nd:

2. Snip of System Devices:

Let me know if I messed up any of the snips. Thanks again.
  • Hi,
    Could you please check the driver version for Intel Serial IO in Device manager, then download the version 30.100.1727.1 and install it. I couldn't find the Touchpad from the HID-compliant mouse snips.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/7603?b=1
  • Could you please remove Logitech mouse for the time being.
  • Oyos

Tinkerer

Here is the Driver Version:

It seems I have the same version with the one you asked me to download.

If I remove the Logitech mouse, there will be no way for me to scroll/navigate since I am still in the "advanced" setting of touchpad in BIOS. Should I revert to "Basic" for the meantime? 

Thanks

• Do you get the touchpad device, appears as hidden device in humanad interface devices too?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    edited September 2019
    Yes, revert to Basic and check the drivers and Hardware IDs for the mouse and check Human Interface devices by expanding them. Try to find whether it states either Synaptics or Elan in any of the Details tab, then only we can install the correct driver.
  • Oyos

Tinkerer

Do you get the touchpad device, appears as hidden device in humanad interface devices too?

Hi, Synaptics still does not appear even if I chose the option to "show hidden devices"

• So do what colleague brummyfan2 said and then copy and paste the idhardware.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • You could also try reinstalling the Serial IO driver after uninstalling the current one.
  • Oyos

Tinkerer

So I switched back to Basic and here is the screenshot of the HID:

You could also try reinstalling the Serial IO driver after uninstalling the current one.

Not sure how to do this. Just right click then uninstall right? But I dont know how to reinstall it afterwards. Sorry but please walk me through this as well.

Thank you.
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    edited September 2019
    Oyos said:

You could also try reinstalling the Serial IO driver after uninstalling the current one.

Not sure how to do this. Just right click then uninstall right? But I dont know how to reinstall it afterwards. Sorry but please walk me through this as well.

Thank you.
    Download the Serial IO driver from Acer support site, then go to Device manager, right click Serial IO, select Properties, go to Driver tab and uninstall, then extract the downloaded zip file, open the extracted folder and find the Setup.exe, right click and select "Run as Admin".

• Oyos

Tinkerer

Oyos said:

Thank you.
    Download the Serial IO driver from Acer support site, then go to Device manager, right click Serial IO, select Properties, go to Driver tab and uninstall, then extract the downloaded zip file, open the extracted folder and find the Setup.exe, right click and select "Run as Admin".

Thanks for this. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Serial IO. Unfortunately, gestures on touchpad still not working.
  • Hi,
    As I wrote before, while in Basic mode and Logitech mouse disconnected, please post the snips of Human Interface device extended, post the snips of Hardware IDs for Standard PS/2 mouse.