ACER 14 Chromebook CB3-431 (LPDDR3) 2GB RAM upgradeable?

Ian66
Ian66 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives

Hello, I’m interested in buying an ACER 14 Chromebook CB3-431 on sale today at Lidl UK. CPU Intel Atom x5 E8000, the part number on Acer US site for the 4 GB version is NX.GC2AA.024.

My initial research is telling me that this particular model’s RAM (LPDDR3) is limited to 2GB. Can you please tell me if it is upgradeable or not?

If not, is 2GB enough to cope with videoconferencing (especially WhatsApp)?

My secondary questions please:

Can you use Facetime on Acer Chromebooks? And even Skype perhaps?

And is there a way to easily determine which of Acer’s Chromebooks’ RAM are upgradeable or not? I’m a non-techie, knowing nothing at all about Chromebooks….any good advice will be gratefully received!

Many thanks in advance :)

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    About ram, it cannot be expanded, as this model has only onboard ram, unfortunately.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers