Iconia B1 installing app

augias
augias Member Posts: 4 New User

I cannot install any apps or system updates on my new B1. Wifi is working and the Google play store is accessible, but when i want to install any app, the download just doesn't happen. Finaly an error message appears "adobe acrobat cannot be downloaded as result of an error (495)"  Same for system updates. I can recieve and send e-mails through gmail, so it is not my wifi that is faulty. Should i claim warranty or is there a simple solution?

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

Check the date and time to make sure it is set correctly, as this can cause problems loading Apps. If you are still having problems, you may try a web search with the terms Android Error 495.

• augias

Date and time are correct.

Searching the net for error 495 shows that quite a number of people experience this problem. A lot of bogus solutions are posted but none of them actually work. The "funny" bit is that some wifi networks actually let me download apps and others (including my own) not, but all of them let me browse the internet and also work perfectly with my smartphone.

Nobody seems to know for sure what causes this problem, but it may have something to do with Google servers. Maybe the Google people know, but if they do, they don't share the info.

• Duc
    Duc Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hi,
    I have the same problem. I just bought this tablet and no use to me. I searched the net and find nothing solutions. I will return immediately
  • Duc
    I find my problem, was in my router but i do not have the solution.
  • augias

How did you determine the problem was in your router?

• Duc
    I check the tablet with other wifi connections and download apps without problem, but my vodafone router no. This router have the same problems with my Sony tv I think, but in other side, the ipad don t have any problem.

At this moment, I don t have the solution.
This discussion has been closed.