Nitro 5 certain particular key not working

Daredevil1994
Daredevil1994 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Please help certain key such as in my case "s, back space, num 4, 4, o, 0" are becoming non responsive totally sometime. Mainly facing the issue at windows 10 login screen or just after laptop waking from sleep mode. These problem are faced by many nitro series users.    " https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXOmnNaTmsU " - follow these link to better understand the problem.   

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,651 Pathfinder
    @Daredevil1994
    Try the below steps and check:
    power drain: Just check the back of the unit, you can find a pin hole , unplug the charger and turn off the unit. now put a paper clip in the small pin hole and press and hold it for 30 sec.
    BIOS default: After power drain is done, power on the unit, but as soon as you power on the unit keep pressing the F2 key so that it take you to BIOS page. Press F9 and press Enter than press F10 and press Enter. the unit will restart

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Go to Device manager, expand Keyboards, highlight and right click Standard PS/2 keyboard, select Properties, go to Driver tab and uninstall the driver, reboot and let Windows install the driver.
    If that doesn't help, try the battery reset, please follow the procedure in this video:https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset
  • Daredevil1994

Tinkerer

Please help none of the above method mentioned by both of you work.
  • What is the version bios?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Daredevil1994

Tinkerer

Bios- V1.25
  • What is the exact model of notebook? Example an515-51-75kz.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Daredevil1994

Tinkerer

Acer AN 515-52
  • Have you tried the function key behavior function in uefi-bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Daredevil1994

Tinkerer

yes as well as updated bios to v1.26
  • Does the problem remain when resetting the battery?
    https://youtu.be/NfhgnxUJoZo

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Daredevil1994

Tinkerer

Yes tried it already.
  • Is your notebook still under warranty?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Daredevil1994

Tinkerer

yes just bought 3 months back.
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    yes just bought 3 months back.

Then Contact Acer for a repair let the warranty fix it

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Daredevil1994

Tinkerer

Contact Acer customer service through live chat an engineer was assigned for the job. He visited opened the whole case and told me that it was due to moisture content and he placed order for full keyboard module replacement. But I was surprised to find out that all the key's are now working fine after he cleaned it and reconnect all the internal connection. Acer i think should have a quality checking issue with the keyboard module part. 
  • DigitalApe
    DigitalApe Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same problem but the keys works after some time. Now what can I do? Can I claim the warranty?
    and where is live chat?
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    I have the same problem but the keys works after some time. Now what can I do? Can I claim the warranty?
    and where is live chat?

Only Acer can answers questions about your warranty and live chat. We are a community of users sharing our knowledge, we do not represent Acer and this Forum is not a means of communicating with Acer Support. The link below is to Acer Support for your region, I hope it helps.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Randee
    Randee Member Posts: 1 New User

Im a little more comfortable fixing stuff like this myself, so I took the bottom off the laptop and discovered a small ribbon wire about in the top center of the board that wasn't seated correctly. After releasing the two small clips, re-seating that wire and pushing toe two clips back in, everything worked fine.
  • PB_Can1701
    PB_Can1701 Member Posts: 2 New User

As above, I checked the ribbon (#1). This didn't completely resolve my problem. I also found another ribbon (#2) needed to be reseated to fully resolve in my situation.