TravelMate P not recognizing bootable USB

tortiz96
tortiz96 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

current bios settings. Boot Mode: UEFI  Secure Boot: disabled

And laptop does not see any bootable USB drive. Anyone else run into this?

Answers

• Did you convert the flash drive to gpt and format it to fat32?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • tortiz96
    tortiz96 Member Posts: 2 New User

I'm getting the following error. Not sure what this means

C:\>diskpart

Microsoft DiskPart version 6.1.7601
    Copyright (C) 1999-2008 Microsoft Corporation.
    On computer: GLDDBAE426406

DISKPART> list disk

Disk ###  Status         Size     Free     Dyn  Gpt
      --------  -------------  -------  -------  ---  ---
      Disk 0    Online          465 GB      0 B
      Disk 1    Online           58 GB      0 B           *

DISKPART> select disk 1

Disk 1 is now the selected disk.

DISKPART> clean

DiskPart succeeded in cleaning the disk.

DISKPART> create partition primary

DiskPart succeeded in creating the specified partition.

DISKPART> format fs=fat32 quick

0 percent completed

Virtual Disk Service error:
    The volume size is too big.

DISKPART> list volume

Volume ###  Ltr  Label        Fs     Type        Size     Status     Info
      ----------  ---  -----------  -----  ----------  -------  ---------  --------
      Volume 0     D                       DVD-ROM         0 B  No Media
      Volume 1         System Rese  NTFS   Partition    100 MB  Healthy    System
      Volume 2     C                NTFS   Partition    465 GB  Healthy    Boot
    * Volume 3     F                RAW    Removable     58 GB  Healthy

• This error occurs because fat32 does not support large volumes. Try reducing the size of the flash drive partition to 8gb, and then format it with fat32. To decrease the partition size, look at this: https://www.disk-partition.com/articles/reduce-partition-size-5740i.html
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)