How Can I Undervolt Acer Nitro Ryzen 5(2500u)AN515-42?

Danish54ali
Danish54ali Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hi,
I have Acer Nitro Ryzen 5(2500u)AN515-42 and the overheating problem is killing me so can anyone tell me how can i undervolt it

Answers

• rahulpareek9250
    rahulpareek9250 Member Posts: 119 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Hi,
    I have Acer Nitro Ryzen 5(2500u)AN515-42 and the overheating problem is killing me so can anyone tell me how can i undervolt it
    it doesn't for me if it really overheats simply use a cooling pad or repaste cpu as it drop 2-5 degree temperature
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Hi,
    What do you call overheating? Nitro series is designed to run up to 90 deg c with spikes.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• ZynFaith
    ZynFaith Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited August 2019
    Do as shown in this video: https://youtu.be/EwV_pjpgalg 
    And you can use my undervolt setting (I attached them)
    Also you can download latest chipset driver from this link (https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/socket-fp5-mobile/amd-ryzen-and-athlon-mobile-chipset). After rebooting system choose Ryzen Balanced Power Plan in Windows setting (it's give you 2800Mhz and 1.125V in a application)
  • andylb
    Again if you are under 90 deg c it is in the normal range and no need to undervolt which would cause you to loose performance needlessly

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• ZynFaith

Tinkerer

andylb said:
    Again if you are under 90 deg c it is in the normal range and no need to undervolt which would cause you to loose performance needlessly
    Manufacturers (amd/intel/nvidia) often supply too high voltages to their products. You can easily reduce 100-150mv from base voltages and this will not only reduce the temperature, but also allow the processor to increase the frequency higher. My RX 560X works now on 1299MHz with 0.975V (base is 1.087V) and i get -10C degrees.
  • andylb
    edited August 2019
    @ZynFaith I totally understand your point and it's well taken. I have the same model that we are discussing my RX 560x operates up to 3.4 mhz while connected to power and gaming, I never have heat issues, both hover between 75 and 82 deg c which is well within the bounds of my CPU and GPU. Our friend never told us the temperature, I've seen people on this forum call 60 deg c HOT. This is why I haven't recommended undervolting to him, if he was pushing 90 deg steadily I would agree

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• ZynFaith

Tinkerer

andylb said:
    @ZynFaith I totally understand your point and it's well taken. I have the same model that we are discussing my RX 560x operates up to 3.4 mhz while connected to power and gaming, I never have heat issues, both hover between 75 and 82 deg c which is well within the bounds of my CPU and GPU. Our friend never told us the temperature, I've seen people on this forum call 60 deg c HOT. This is why I haven't recommended undervolting to him, if he was pushing 90 deg steadily I would agree
    Maybe you're right about the fact that 90 degrees is the normal temperature for a nitro laptop, but there’s another interesting thing. If i start playing games with default settings, after a certain amount of time (temperatures reach 80 degrees), my processor starts throttling and downgrade frequency to 2000Mhz and game start lagging, freezing,etc. Therefore i made a undervolt.
    P.S. Are you sure that RX 560x works at 3.4 MHz or is it the processor frequency? If this is the processor frequency, then I’m surprised because my processor does not reach higher than 2.8-3 MHz for all cores (I install the latest chipset drivers and use a balanced power plan)
    P.S.S. I believe that someday AMD will release Ryzen Master for laptops and I will make an undervolt of the processor :^)
  • topkid911
    topkid911 Member Posts: 3 New User
    ZynFaith said:
    Also you can download latest chipset driver from this link (https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/socket-fp5-mobile/amd-ryzen-and-athlon-mobile-chipset). After rebooting system choose Ryzen Balanced Power Plan in Windows setting (it's give you 2800Mhz and 1.125V in a application)
    hi Zyn, is this still work now?

And i always get drivers problem such as driver not compatible nor not recognized etc. Always need to do clean install AMD only can use the radeon software. 

Model : AN515-43-R9B3

• LeMz6129
    LeMz6129 Member Posts: 1 New User
    topkid911 said:
    ZynFaith said:
    hi Zyn, is this still work now?

And i always get drivers problem such as driver not compatible nor not recognized etc. Always need to do clean install AMD only can use the radeon software. 

Model : AN515-43-R9B3

same problem, I really cant figure it out, #acer we need an answer #amd we need answer