Need hard drive suggestion for my Nitro 5 AN515-42!!

curious_gekk88
curious_gekk88 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

I brought my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42 a couple months ago, everything is working out great except for the 5200 RPM HDD, it sucks big time and 90% of the time my system is at 100% disk usage making other applications lag. I would really appreciate if someone can suggest a better hard drive, i'm not sure if seagate baracuda is compatible with it and if I use m.2 ssd I won't be able to use my sata drive. Please help!

Answers

• B4ttleSky
    B4ttleSky Member Posts: 136 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon

I brought my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42 a couple months ago, everything is working out great except for the 5200 RPM HDD, it sucks big time and 90% of the time my system is at 100% disk usage making other applications lag. I would really appreciate if someone can suggest a better hard drive, i'm not sure if seagate baracuda is compatible with it and if I use m.2 ssd I won't be able to use my sata drive. Please help!
    its better to get the Western Digital m.2 ssd and install windows in that, keep hdd for storage :)
  • curious_gekk88

Tinkerer

B4ttleSky said:

its better to get the Western Digital m.2 ssd and install windows in that, keep hdd for storage :)
    Thanks for answering my query, just to be clear so I can use both m.2 ssd & my hdd at the same time? I am asking this because couple of guys said in this model you can use only one either m.2 or the hdd.
  • tkalfaoglu
    tkalfaoglu Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

I bought a 2TB seagate some months back. works great. I also added an n.2 SSD - kingston. it works great.. I dual boot linux and windows.
  • curious_gekk88

Tinkerer

I bought a 2TB seagate some months back. works great. I also added an n.2 SSD - kingston. it works great.. I dual boot linux and windows.
    So both drives are working simultaneously? You have the same model?