NITRO AN515-51 - Keyboard backlight not working

dsteker
dsteker Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
After updating the BIOS to version 1.15 on NITRO AN515-51 laptop, keyboard backlight when using the battery is not working.
By default, it should turn on when you press a key and turn off after ~30 seconds.

Best Answer

• dsteker

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    After the BIOS update at 1.19 the problem disappeared. The keyboard without charging turns off after ~30 seconds.

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Hi, You can press FN+F9 to turn the keyboard backlight on and off. While using AC adapter power, the keyboard backlight default is ON 
    On Battery power, the keyboard backlight default is OFF.
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• dsteker

Tinkerer

When the power adapter is not plugged in, the keyboard backlight is off, but it turns on when the key is pressed and disappears after ~30 seconds. So it was on previous versions of the BIOS
  • dsteker

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    After the BIOS update at 1.19 the problem disappeared. The keyboard without charging turns off after ~30 seconds.
  • Kridder
    Kridder Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited October 2018
    I just purchased a new Acer A515-51G-503E and was told it has Keyboard back light. There is no icon on the "F9" key and I can find no way of turning it on. This may have been posted on the wrong thread.
  • dsteker

Tinkerer

Kridder said:
    I just purchased a new Acer A515-51G-503E and was told it has Keyboard back light. There is no icon on the "F9" key and I can find no way of turning it on. This may have been posted on the wrong thread.
    Acer Nitro 5 AN515-51, not Acer Aspire A515-51G-503E
  • dsteker

Tinkerer

After updating the BIOS on 1.20 the problem appeared again 
  • epic00
    epic00 Member Posts: 1 New User
    my laptop ACER aspire V Nitro keyboard backlit is not working. im not sure whether it is software problem or hardware problem. ive tried to hit FN + F9 but nothinh happen. help me pls

• Kiraizuma
    Kiraizuma Member Posts: 3 New User
    Fixed. Even with the latest BIOS (1.26) the keyboard doesn't turn off after 30 seconds. How I managed to fix this? Easy. Turn off your PC. Turn it back on, and hold the F2 key to acces the BIOS. Once in the BIOS, look for somthing like Keyboard light timeout (I don't remember the exact name) and disable it. Restart, and you're good to go. While using battery, acts exactly like before (In 30 secs turns off to save battery) and plugged in, it NEVER turns off.
  • alyciakeating
    alyciakeating Member Posts: 2 New User
    This did not work.  I turned off the computer, turned it on and changed the backlight in BIOS.  It worked while I was in BIOS but stopped working again when the machine booted up.
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    This did not work.  I turned off the computer, turned it on and changed the backlight in BIOS.  It worked while I was in BIOS but stopped working again when the machine booted up.

Please start a new Topic for your issue. Thankyou

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★