How do I find my lcd video cable for my Acer nitro 5 An515-53?

Vicvas999
Vicvas999 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I want to replace my old one.

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    Could you please tell us why do you want to replace it, anyway, this is the part number: 50.Q28N2.008
  • Vicvas999
    Yes, okay so long story short I needed to replace by back cover and hinges for my nitro 5 because I couldn't close my laptop anymore without bending the screen. So what happened was that a friend and I decided to take a look for ourselves to see if that was the case or not, we wanted to find out for sure what we needed to buy, so we took the bezel around the screen out and unscrewed the 4 corners. Took the screen off to get a better look and basically disassembled the entire front panel, lcd video cable included (he basically loosed them from their original spots, which was on little hangers). So we figured out what we needed and in the process of putting everything back together, something happened. On the bottom left where the hinge is at, we saw smoke arise when we tried to screw in the bottom left screw. Upon further inspection the cable (which I think Is the LCD video cable) looked good except for one opening on the cable that looked like the cables inside had been exposed and we think that it might have cause the smoke, due to some reaction. 
    Also the cables inside are wrapped around some sort of material, when we tried to screw in the screw, we might have accidentally teared that material leaving the cords inside exposed. Now the laptop wont turn on either. Dont know what the issue is yet but it could also be the battery.
  • Vicvas999
    Which was going to be my next question.
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Vicvas999 said:
    Which was going to be my next question.
    Hi,
    It's not easy to suggest anything without physically checking, so I would suggest you to take it to a laptop repair shop and let a technician have a look.