Expensive laptops this poor quality? Nitro 7 NH.Q5HED.025

N0N3
N0N3 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have used this laptop for about a month. I bought this new Nitro 7 with cash from our local store. This laptop has so much potential, but is that normal when CPU temperature goes up to 90 degrees when playing a Overwatch on lowest graphics?

The other problem that relates to battery is that the battery stays on 88%. This sounds a little bit rant, but I'm pretty worried about the future days of the machine, because I paid like one and half kilos of a ***** laptop and it's likely decaying on my hands.

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good Morning N0N3 !

First you must enter the EXACT model of your laptop.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• N0N3

Tinkerer

edited August 2019
    NH.Q5HED.025
  • MaClane
    The processor of this model has a maximum safe TDP of 100ºC.
    Tenpertura issues are often related to use:
    The appliance should be used in an airy place with a base that allows room for air circulation underneath.
    Do not use under materials such as fabrics, wood, plastics, etc.
    Preferably metals, cold stones, glass, etc. which have higher heat dissipation.
    In high performance and gamer handsets it is highly advisable to use active cooler base.

How much did the battery perform the initial calibration recommended by the manufacturer?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• N0N3

Tinkerer

The appliance should be used in an airy place with a base that allows room for air circulation underneath.
    - There is no soft surface. On a hard surface like a wooden kitchen table.

How much did the battery perform the initial calibration recommended by the manufacturer?
    - Excuse me, what do you mean? On first charge it showed like "8 hours" 100% and now it shows 1h 20m on 88% if I unplug it. I have also cleaned entire Windows by it's built in tool which resets entire OS. Then I realize that the machine stays up with power supply, but won't charge the battery at all.
  • MaClane
    Avoid contact of the appliance with wood as it is a bad material for heat dissipation.

As for the battery, perform the reset and calibration.

CALIBRATION AND BATTERY RESET

First, disable Quick Start in the power options and disconnect the notebook from the power outlet.

httpsikinja-imgcomgawker-mediaimageuploads--xWOn54Iw--c_scalef_autofl_progressiveq_80w_8001526844273443938480png

Fully update all device drivers.

BATTERY CONTROLLER RESET
    Access the device manager and look for the "acpi-compatible control method battery driver" and "Microsoft AC Adapter" and give it up.
    Then restart the notebook for Windows to reinstall and remove any errors.

httpsimagesdrivereasycomwp-contentuploads201811img_5bfe7020cb7efjpg

Process to reset the battery

Disconnect the power adapter.
        Locate the hole to reset the battery in the bottom of the computer.
        He inserted a small clip into the hole. Hold the reset button for 05 seconds.
        Let the computer rest for 5 minutes without power.
        Plug in the power adapter and turn on the system.

External Battery Pack

If your notebook has an external battery, proceed as follows:
    1- Unplug the appliance from the mains and then disconnect the battery.
    2- Press the power button for thirty seconds, so that the static power is dissipated.
    3 - Replace the battery and turn the unit on.

Process for calibrating the battery

For this, you must turn off the device and give a 100% charge.
    Then unplug and use the battery until the battery runs out.
    Reload it as before.
    Repeat the process 3 times so that all cells are fully calibrated.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• N0N3

Tinkerer

I already removed the driver from device manager. It did not solve the problem. I also did not find the reset PIN hole anywhere from bottom not even near the battery.
  • N0N3

Tinkerer

I have tried pretty many things tho, but it makes me only nervous, because I have spent pretty long penny on high quality machine and everything I have to do is start troubleshooting the issues. I don't even want to hear that I have to send it to repair service.
  • MaClane
    First of all, any electronic equipment, whatever its value, brand or developer, is subject to error during its useful life.
    It is not a matter of "troubleshooting" but understanding the operation and peculiarity of the laptop.

Actually in this particular model, battery reset pinhole was canceled, instead of pressing the power button for 12 seconds to reset the battery with the device turned off.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• N0N3

Tinkerer

MaClane said:
    First of all, any electronic equipment, whatever its value, brand or developer, is subject to error during its useful life.
    It is not a matter of "troubleshooting" but understanding the operation and peculiarity of the laptop.

Actually in this particular model, battery reset pinhole was canceled, instead of pressing the power button for 12 seconds to reset the battery with the device turned off.

I can check does this resolve the charging issue. Shows that it is on power supply, but not charging. Let's see.
  • tkalfaoglu
    tkalfaoglu Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Anything above 65C is a source of concern for me. All gaming laptops heat up a lot. Get a laptop cooler with a beefy fan. I have gone further and blocked all the laptop cooler's perimiter, so ALL the air is forced into the laptop from the bottom. It helps cooling tremendously.
  • kuzzy00
    kuzzy00 Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    The above suggestions also do not work (Acer Nitro 7 has an internal battery).
    I have battery reset (using Nitro method; power 12 seconds whilst device off).
    The fact is - it's a new computer. You shouldn't ever have these issues OOTB.
    I bought a brand new Nitro 7 from PB Tech - Penrose, Auckland.

This computer had the SAME ISSUE as the one you're describing! I got it swapped. SAME ISSUE.
    You heard this right....... TWO COMPUTERS WITH THE SAME FAULT.
    I'm also reading a number of other customer reviews on other blogs with this exact issue. Time for a product recall!

I think it's a power adapter issue: When using a multiplug on a 240v power supply: Fault, When using directly into the power: Charge.
    I think it doesn't reach the necessary voltage minimum (200v) to charge the device. 
  • kuzzy00
    kuzzy00 Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    N0N3 said:
    - Excuse me, what do you mean? On the first charge, it showed like "8 hours" 100% and now it shows 1h 20m on 88% if I unplug it. I have also cleaned the entire Windows by its built-in tool which resets the entire OS. Then I realize that the machine stays up with power supply, but won't charge the battery at all.
    The above suggestions also do not work (Acer Nitro 7 has an internal battery). I have battery reset (using the Nitro method; power 12 seconds whilst device off). The fact is - it's a new computer. You shouldn't ever have these Out of Box Failure (OBF) issues.

I bought a brand new Nitro 7 from PB Tech - Penrose, Auckland.
    This computer had the SAME ISSUE as the one you're describing! I got it swapped. SAME ISSUE on the replacement device.
    You heard this right....... TWO BRAND NEW Nitro 7 Laptops with THE SAME FAULT.
    I'm also reading a number of other customer reviews on other blogs with this exact issue. Time for a product recall!

I think it's a power adapter issue: When using a multiplug on a 240v power supply: Fault, When using directly into the power: Charge.
    I think it doesn't reach the necessary voltage minimum (200v) to charge the device.