Acer Nitro 5 an515 - 42 Keyboard not working.How to fix?

John_Vendex
John_Vendex Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

i have no idea why is my keyboard not working.. i have been trying to fix this in the last two months and still no luck.. anyone know how to fix it? and how to know if it is not a driver issue? my laptop doesn't have warranty anymore. because i upgraded to 500gb ssd by myself and i did nothing wrong.. anyways.. it stopped working i think after i used driverpacksolution or ezdriver but i can't remember exactly. i also tried uninstalling the keyboard drivers. i mean all of it. then restarting.. and still haven't fixed it. i was wondering if you guys could help me out. im really getting stressed about this..its so frustrating 

Answers

• Hello! Does the keyboard work when you enter uefi? You have checked this tip: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/656399/#Comment_656399

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • John_Vendex

Tinkerer

Hello! Does the keyboard work when you enter uefi? You have checked this tip: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/656399/#Comment_656399

i haven't tried on uefi . how should i proceed to test the keyboard on uefi? btw i have purchased a replacement keyboard. i just want to make sure that this is not a hardware issue.. bcz if i replace this.. there is no going back.. anyways. if the uefi doesnt work. i will check the link. and probably check the connection from motherboard.. i hope.. it works..
  • When you press f2 as soon as you turn on the notebook, can you access the uefi?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • John_Vendex

Tinkerer

When you press f2 as soon as you turn on the notebook, can you access the uefi?
    yes.. only some keys aren't functioning 
  • Is there a function called function key behavior in uefi? If any, try changing to mediakey or specialkey!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• John_Vendex

Tinkerer

these keys..(im using an external keyboard now)

` 2 4 5 7 0 = Backspace num7 num4 num2 o s k left ctrl 
  • John_Vendex

Tinkerer

Is there a function called function key behavior in uefi? If any, try changing to mediakey or specialkey!
    tbh, idk. i can try later. bcz right now its night in my country. i mean.. midnight.. bcz 1:39am now. i will try later in the morning. but anyways.  where can i find that on the bios?  its the bios right?
  • Yes! It's not called bios anymore, but uefi! You should find it here:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• John_Vendex

Tinkerer

doesn't work
  • Try uninstalling and deleting these two drivers first:

Then try reinstalling windows, using the alt + f10 command before the Acer logo!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• NYCMC
    NYCMC Member Posts: 42 Devotee WiFi Icon
    these keys..(im using an external keyboard now)

` 2 4 5 7 0 = Backspace num7 num4 num2 o s k left ctrl 
    I also had the same problem that started all of a sudden a few months ago. I could not find any similarities online until I saw your post. When I saw that you had problem with (o, s, k, 5, backspace, etc) keys I finally knew I was not alone!  It is driving me crazy.  I use my laptop for business sometimes and the problems with slow or dead keys really slow me down. The keys work or not work randomly and cold start or used for 5 hours make no difference.  When they don't work you need to keep hitting it or hold the key down forever until it works.

When one of the bad keys stop working chances are the other ones also stop working.  For me the most frequent bad keys are o,s,k and backspace. I'm guessing many other keys also go bad but I may not use them as frequently as my usual culprits.

I changed my keyboard setting to Mediakeys in UEFI.  I think it reduced the frequency of the keys going bad. I'll try to keep track of it and see if it really helped or just my optimism. Cheers

• NYCMC Ideally, you create a new topic by clicking ask a question. Add me by putting an @.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• NYCMC
    I wasn't starting a new topic I just wanted to add to this thread that I have the same problem.  So far the change to Mediakey seems to have solved the problem for now.   Thanks again
  • OK! Keep testing and posting the result here.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• NYCMC
    Switching to MediaKey so far is a small blessing. I can almost trust the laptop to allow typing at full speed. There are still times when the same keys stop functioning and I have to stop and re-enter.  But now the error happens least frequently.
    While this is not a fix it helps.
  • Maybe an uefi bios update will solve your problem @NYCMC

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• NYCMC
    I already have the latest bios v1.26 for my model AN-515-53. The keyboard does not work well at uefi and I have had to change bios password to avoid using those bad keys. At this time, the problem has come back as often as before. Its taking me several minutes to type this instead of a 1 minute or so.  Anytime I use (o,s,k,5 or backspace) nothing happens and I have to wait until those keys come back alive. Anytime one of them stops working the other bad keys also start having problems.  I may revert back to an older bios just to see if one of the updates caused this problem. 
  • I don't think an update would cause this problem. Also, other users who have the same notebook model have upgraded to this version of bios and have had no problems. Have you tried resetting the internal battery?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Daredevil1994
    Daredevil1994 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

facing similar issue with An-515-52. Keys include (2, 4, s, o, 0, num4, backspace). Please provide us some solution.
  • NYCMC
    Yes I did a battery reset previously when I first encountered the problem but obviously it didn't fix it.  I just did a battery reset and will see how things go for another day.  Thanks
This discussion has been closed.