Swift 5 Model Name: SF515-51T-7176 - Unable to sign into Windows 10 with Face

sungmbh
sungmbh Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
There is no option in the setup process of Windows 10 to select "face", I am able to select the fingerprint option. I tried to update the driver - but it's already the latest version. Does anybody know how to enable facial recognition for Windows 10 "Hello"?

Best Answer

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Hi!!

@sungmbh   

In order to set facial recognition lock in Windows 10, your computer must have "Intel's RealSense 3D camera hardware installed". Below is the camera specification for your laptop. 

NOTE: The camera hardware does not meet requirements for facial recognition. 

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,329 Trailblazer
    Sorry, facial recognition also requires a special optical camera with an integrated infrared detector.   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Balatekie
    Answer ✓
    Hi!!

@sungmbh   

In order to set facial recognition lock in Windows 10, your computer must have "Intel's RealSense 3D camera hardware installed". Below is the camera specification for your laptop. 

NOTE: The camera hardware does not meet requirements for facial recognition. 

• sungmbh
    sungmbh Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks for the feedback!
  • Balatekie
    sungmbh said:
    Thanks for the feedback!
    You are Welcome :)