Acer Spin 1 SP111-31-C2W3 Model N16W2 Flash memory upgrade- possible?

JSCHMIDT4081
JSCHMIDT4081 Member Posts: 1 New User
I have a Acer Spin 1 SP111-31-C2W3 Model N16W2  with 32GB Flash memory and I'd like to increase the memory- is it possible? 

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Hi!!

@JSCHMIDT4081          

Your computer comes with eMMC storage of 32GB. eMMC storage isn’t even considered as a hard drive to begin with, and also, they would be soldered onto the laptop board. It’s not possible to replace it easily. If you do own a laptop with eMMC storage however, and need some more storage, but not at the expense of a new laptop, consider investing in an external hard drive. Also your computer model comes with MicroSD Card (SDXC) card reader slot. You can use that slot for adding more storage capacity. 

Actually, if your laptop does have a free SATA port, you can upgrade it with an internal hard drive or SSD.

NOTE: I could not find accurate information regarding availability of SATA HDD port in your computer.

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• CBEMA
    CBEMA Member Posts: 3 New User

This is possible if you solder a 12 pin connector for the sata flex cable.

And missing jumpers and capacitors.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

There should be no need to solder anything, the SATA connector should already be on the motherboard, #16 here:

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.