aga12s Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Current state : 
- I dual booted Ubuntu and Windows
- Problem happens after restarting and stuck here since
- Switched to SSD to fix problem but didnt worked
- Unable to switch to Legacy boot mode, stuck in UEFI
- Dont even want to read from bootable usb

I am trying to boot from my bootable windows usb so i can reinstall my operating system, at first i thought my hdd failed on me, turns out it wasnt it. Currently im stuck here and have no options to boot to an OS.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,467 Trailblazer
    You must first set and save a BIOS supervisor password. The re-enter the BIOS menu with the supervisor password to change the Boot order to the USB installation stick. The BIOS should remain in UEFI mode (NOT legacy) and the stick prepared with the Microsoft media creation tool or Rufus with the Windows iso for a GPT partitioned HDD.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• aga12s
    JackE said:
    You must first set and save a BIOS supervisor password. The re-enter the BIOS menu with the supervisor password to change the Boot order to the USB installation stick. The BIOS should remain in UEFI mode (NOT legacy) and the stick prepared with the Microsoft media creation tool or Rufus with the Windows iso for a GPT partitioned HDD.  Jack E/NJ
    currently i only have my usb stick as my boot option so the usb stick is always on the first boot order. I followed a tutorial about flashing the usb with windows, it only said that you can extract the content of the iso and put it in the usb drive. Is that correct?
  • aga12s
    aga12s said:
    JackE said:
    currently i only have my usb stick as my boot option so the usb stick is always on the first boot order. I followed a tutorial about flashing the usb with windows, it only said that you can extract the content of the iso and put it in the usb drive. Is that correct?

update, i used rufus and used the UEFI settings, but still same problem
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,467 Trailblazer
    You said earlier >>> Currently im stuck here and have no options to boot to an OS.>>>
    You said now>>>currently i only have my usb stick as my boot option so the usb stick is always on the first boot order.>>>

Are you --- or --- are you NOT booting an OS from the USB stick? If not, is the BIOS still in UEFI mode? Can you even see your HDD/SSD in the BIOS Information tab (NOT the Boot tab)? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ