Can't get into BIOS

StigM
StigM Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have an approx 6 year old Travelmate P653M with windows 10 installed. I am trying to get into BIOS to change boot order, but F2 key is not responding (or any other key - have tried them all) . Have also tried with external keypad. I'm neihter able to choose boot from in windoes advanced recovery. Does anyone hav an idea what to do?

Best Answer

• StigM
    Answer ✓
    JackE; I have put in the version 2.15 (BIOS - UEFI for Windows 8 (Not for Upgrades) ) from ACER product support site.
    egydiocoelho; Yes, I tried that as well witout success. The Firmware upgrade was the solution for me this time :-).

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,328 Trailblazer
    If none of the keyboard keys work, then its ribbon cable connector probably came loose from the mainboard. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• StigM
    JackE; all keys works fine, but not to get into Bios (quicly hit F2 (or others) when start up laptop)
  • JackE
    OK. Good. Shut the machine completely off. Then turn it back on and ***IMMEDIATELY*** start tapping/mashing the F2 key. Don't wait for anything like a logo or backlight to appear on the screen or it'll already be too late. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• StigM
    Hi, have tried tapping as soon as power-button is hitted, but won't.
    I am downloading new firm ware now - will trie to update that.
  • JackE
    Do you recall what BIOS firmware version is in there now? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Also, have you tried to unplug the notebook from the socket, unplug the lithium battery and then press the power button for 30 seconds?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • StigM
    Answer ✓
    JackE; I have put in the version 2.15 (BIOS - UEFI for Windows 8 (Not for Upgrades) ) from ACER product support site.
    egydiocoelho; Yes, I tried that as well witout success. The Firmware upgrade was the solution for me this time :-).
  • JackE
    Congrats on your success. Thanks for letting us know your solution. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ