Clicking sound when i open the screen on acer predator helios 300

marwan
marwan Member Posts: 92 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
when i open the screen therr clicking sound happen maybe from the hinge
and when i press on the bottom left or right of the screen plastic and aluminum cover there a little clicking sound 
does the acer warranty cover this ? Replacing hinges or changing screen cover ?

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Hi @ marwan

The best option is to contact Acer technical support in your region and get suggestion to resolve it or send in the device to Acer to fix it
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • marwan
    Sharanji said:
    Hi @ marwan

The best option is to contact Acer technical support in your region and get suggestion to resolve it or send in the device to Acer to fix it
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

my country is not listed in the support 
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    marwan said:

my country is not listed in the support 

Are you located in Lebanon? Please check the below weblink for Acer service center contact information.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/AE/content/service-contact

• marwan
    I noticed when i open the screen the sound is not clicking its a very low sound idk how to explain it 
    does anyone have the same laptop ? If yes can you hear a very low sound when you open the screen ?
  • areebanwar
    areebanwar Member Posts: 4 New User
    Yep, everytime I open the lid, I hear a 'crack' sound. I'm scared it'll break someday. Can anyone shed light if this will hold for the future? Just got it last week and I use it as carefully as I can.
  • marwan
    the sound was from the red plastic in the bottom of the laptop.
    @areebanwar idk about your laptop but i think you should send it to official acer maintenance to fix it . use your warranty before it expire
  • xd_anshul
    xd_anshul Member Posts: 1 New User
    i also have the same problem in my acer helios 300, can anyone else tell if the problem persists on theirs.
  • NSJ006
    NSJ006 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

I also have same problem in my acer helios 300, pls tell me is it serious issue or just a thing. I need to worry or not?
  • krishnacj
    krishnacj Member Posts: 3 New User
    marwan said:
    and when i press on the bottom left or right of the screen plastic and aluminum cover there a little clicking sound 
    does the acer warranty cover this ? Replacing hinges or changing screen cover ?

marwan said:
    does the acer warranty cover this ? Replacing hinges or changing screen cover
    Did you get it fixed ?
  • krishnacj
    NSJ006 said:
    I also have same problem in my acer helios 300, pls tell me is it serious issue or just a thing. I need to worry or not?
    NSJ006 said:
    NSJ006 said:

• krishnacj
    Even i have the same problem is it normal ? My acer predator helios 300 makes clicking noise while lifing up the lid 
  • Sanchit55
    Sanchit55 Member Posts: 1 New User
    marwan said:

I also have the same issue... is this something to worry about or just a quirk ???
  • missundercover
    missundercover Member Posts: 9 New User
    You should worry about it indeed, the hinge on mine broke off..