windows key on keyboard not working

Flame
Flame Member Posts: 69 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
i had some problem to install Acer aplications. Acer service fix it and said that it was some BIOS corruption after they replace the motherboard. Now Windows key on left side of keyboard is not working at all, i am pressing it alone or in combination with other buttons (win+r, win+x etc) it is showing like i am pressing the other button all other keyboard buttons are working. I try the /sfc scannow the  restorehealth in powershell did not fix anything, tried that register option where you delete a register that disable the windows key, i did not have it.  So before i bring it back to Acer again, i takes 3 days to arive to them and 3 back, does someone know other options or tips? thank you

Best Answer

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Did you try enabling the Windows key under Predator Sense. I had this issue on Windows clean install. It looks like, by default, these keys are disabled, and enabled only via the Predator Sense software.

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045

Answers

• Flame
    edit:  plus the button on the right side between  Alt Gr and Ctrl that opens right click or something when pressed on destop.
  • sri369
    Answer ✓
    Did you try enabling the Windows key under Predator Sense. I had this issue on Windows clean install. It looks like, by default, these keys are disabled, and enabled only via the Predator Sense software.

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Flame
    It was on already, but i put it off and it worked, when i open predator sense aggain it was on again somehow and the key worked. I reistall windows for nothing :) (acer service recomandation)
  • Flame
    Btw my predator sense is not showing overclocking option just blank space, do you know how to fix that?
  • sri369
    Flame said:
    Btw my predator sense is not showing overclocking option just blank space, do you know how to fix that?
    One thing sovled, good!

You might need to edit registry settings for this. There was a thread by me on how to do this on this very forum; try searching for it. This is for Windows 7 though, for Predator Sense doesn't support 7 out of the box.

But then, if you reinstalled windows 10, you should be able to install Predator Sense and it should be working out of the box. Mine is a G3-572, and it worked on a non Acer install of Windows 10 (it shows clock, usage and temps, but picking normal/faster/turbo doesn't make any difference for it is always on turbo). For this setting to work, as per Acer customer care, you would need to install the Acer version of Windows for your laptop model.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
  • Cumva
    Cumva Member Posts: 1 New User
    Wow, It really helped.
    I was very worried about my newly bought laptop
  • abhi_raaz
    abhi_raaz Member Posts: 1 New User
    sri369 said:

yeah it works :)