Acer Spin 5 screen randomly won't turn on after some time after windows auto screen off

thomasfr67
thomasfr67 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi,
i have an ACER Spin 5 SP513-52N, BIOS 1.15, Windows 10 PRO 1903, Bitlocker enabled, all drivers installed at the version provided in acer support page :

It happens randomly after some time with black screen off, that i can't wake up the screen anymore.
when the screen is freezed in off state, the symptoms are :
- i can hear the fan, but it won't change speed
- (1) pushing a key on the keyboard switches keyboard backlight on, but the screen doesn't switch on
- (2) after doing (1) 3 times or more, the keyboard backlight won't switch on
- (3) when (2) the keyboard backlight still switches on when i push the volume button on the side

when the computer is freezed, i can only reboot it by pressing power button 10s. But then i lose all my current work.

i have already tried all sorts of "restore parameters to default" in all windows power plans.
i can't see any strange event in Windows event log, just the one saying that Windows power off wasn't expected, because i pushed the button 10s.

as a workaround i currently have disabled in power plan the auto screen off to "never", and i use only sleep mode.

sleep mode works perfectly
the problem also happened before when i had BIOS 1.08 and Windows 1803
in the bios, i also tried to disable all Intel VT settings, but it doesn't fix anything.

Thanks for your help!

Answers

• Have you tried updating drivers on intel and nvidia websites?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • thomasfr67
    yes i had updated to latest driver, same issue, and i came back to official Acer driver from the support page
  • Have you checked if the problem remains when you disable fast startup?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • thomasfr67
    yes i disabled fast startup
    it doesn't look like a hardware issue, because if i let screen on, it work ok for several hours, no freeze
  • Avez-vous également désactivé le lancement rapide ici?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• negative_zero
    negative_zero Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I called tech support, and they told me to make a change in Power Settings.
    In Windows 10, open Settings > System > Power & Sleep > Additional Power Settings > Change plan settings > Change advanced power settings. Go down to "Multimedia settings", and for "When sharing media", for "plugged in", change it to "Allow the computer to sleep". That ought to do it!