Nitro AN515-42 BIOS Update

GameSky
GameSky Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Will Nitro AN515-42 will getting any AMD AGESA updates? Seems newer bios fixes and improves amd ryzen CPU/APU performance on other machines. Will the Acer Nitro 5 AMD will getting the same updates as well?

Answers

• I believe you should be referring to this version of uefi:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    GameSky said:
    Will Nitro AN515-42 will getting any AMD AGESA updates? Seems newer bios fixes and improves amd ryzen CPU/APU performance on other machines. Will the Acer Nitro 5 AMD will getting the same updates as well?

You shoild be updated to BIOS v1.13 which contains all previous updates incuding the one you are referring to. update link below
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7605?b=1

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• GameSky
    andylb said:
    GameSky said:

You shoild be updated to BIOS v1.13 which contains all previous updates incuding the one you are referring to. update link below
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7605?b=1
    I believe you should be referring to this version of uefi:

Thanks for the replies guys, seems I've forgotten to include in the original post that I'm already in ver 1.13 of the bios which is the latest ver..

Latest AMD AGESA update does fix the issue for Linux based distros such as Ubuntu tho..
  • OK! But are you still having trouble installing linux?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • rahulpareek9250
    rahulpareek9250 Member Posts: 119 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    OK! But are you still having trouble installing linux?
    yup
  • GameSky
    OK! But are you still having trouble installing linux?
    Yes.. It wont boot unless there's modification on the kernel.. I read amd new agesa update May should've fixed the issue tho
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• GameSky
    thanks for the link, however it's not permanent solution as need to add in noacpi in the cfg.. hopefully Acer can release new AGESA bios update to the laptop since newer BIOS seems fixes the issue (for other laptop brands that runs on the same Ryzen 5 2500u processor)
  • You can put your tip in the "Ideas" section.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer