Swollen Battery Acer Swift 7 N16Q11 /SF 713-51 M2W5

Imchrmgtrrz
Imchrmgtrrz Member Posts: 1 New User
Hi,

I overcharged my Acer Swift 7 Last month and still using it. I noticed that the battery is swollen right away and because of the humid weather here in the PH, I think that is also one of the reasons. Have you experienced this and what did you do? I cannot replace as this is a 2nd hand laptop. Although it is really in a good condition (2mos used by original seller). As of the moment, my laptop is working,and I am now making sure it is not overcharged. But I am really worried as its swollen. Hate to see it like that :( very thin and it looks dissapointing now. Hope someone could enlighten me if I should still use or not. Thank you.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Swollen batteries can be dangerous since an elements can be damaged and during charge can overheat easily and catch fire; i suggest you to find a replacement as soon as possible.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • CJDEKELING
    CJDEKELING Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same problem battery is bulging 
    Can this be repaired by a service center ? 
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    I have the same problem battery is bulging 
    Can this be repaired by a service center ? 
    Sure, contact them.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Scarycoolgamer
    Scarycoolgamer Member Posts: 2 New User
    If your battery bulges, stop using your laptop immediately! It can explode or cause an electrical fire. You must replace the bulging battery with a new one. A bulging battery may be caused if it is punctured, exposed to high heat, etc.

I'm not an Acer employee, BTW.