Acer Nitro 5 (Core i5-9300H, GeForce GTX 1650) , 4GB Stuttering ever 2-5 seconds when playing Dota 2

Gerardlerin
Gerardlerin Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Help! I newly got my acer nitro 5 and it is stuttering when I play dota 2, what seems to be the problem? I plug when I play and set nitrosense to high performance. Please help me.

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Make sure you are using the Nvidia GPU, that it has the latest drivers and your games are selected in the GPU and set on High Performance

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Gerardlerin
    Gerardlerin Member Posts: 2 New User
    andylb said:
    Make sure you are using the Nvidia GPU, that it has the latest drivers and your games are selected in the GPU and set on High Performance

When I open apps or chrome and load sites, it gets a freeze for like .05-5secs. Soo laggy
  • ohfoxy
    ohfoxy Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    As others have suggested, open the Nvidia Control Panel and check that games set to be using the 1650 and not the integrated Intel GPU first to rule that out.

That being said, my guess is that you may be experiencing some sort of CPU throttling due to excessive heat. Open NitroSense and leave it running while you play Dota. Once you get the studdering, tab out and look at the highest recent temperatures. 

Can you report on what you find when checking these two items? 

I can help you resolve the latter issue if necessary.