How do I make my backlight turn back on? (Acer Aspire E15-576)

Artikae
Artikae Member Posts: 4 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
I've had my Laptop (Acer Aspire E15-576) for almost a year, everything has been perfect. Until today, the backlight just stopped working, I tried doing restarting my Laptop, pressing Fn + F9 multiple times, is there a battery? I don't really know how to fix this.

Best Answer

• Ishy
    Ishy Member Posts: 143 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    @Artikae Even if you done anything manually doing a bios default should revert them back. I believe it's a hardware issue that you are experiencing. I advise you to check with acer technical support in your region for help in getting it repaired.

Answers

• Ishy
    Hi, @Artikae Please check the following link to get the information regarding backlit keyboard https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/545951/does-acer-aspire-e-15-e5-576g-59ab-have-backlight-and-how-to-turn-it-on
  • Artikae
    Hello @Ishy my keyboard indeed has a backlight, as I've had it for over a year with a backlight. Again, it stopped working. I don't know if something got into my keyboard or I hit my keys to hard or anything.
  • Ishy
    @Artikae I see, then have you tried reinstalling the keyboard drivers. To reinstall follow the steps below:
    1) Go to device manager
    2) Click on keyboards and find the driver
    3) Right click and click uninstall device
    4) Click Uninstall
    5) Please Restart the device and check if it works. 

One more thing you can try is resetting bios settings.
    1) Turn off the device.
    2) Press power button and immediately press F2 button for 4-5 times. 
    3) This will take you to Bios.
    4) Press F9 and click yes then Press F10 and click yes.
    5) This will restart the device and check if this help fix the issue.
  • Artikae
    @Ishy Unfortunately reinstalling the keyboard drivers and ressetings the bios settings did not fix my problem. I think it was something I did myself manually and may have done something.

• Ishy
    Answer ✓
    @Artikae Even if you done anything manually doing a bios default should revert them back. I believe it's a hardware issue that you are experiencing. I advise you to check with acer technical support in your region for help in getting it repaired.