Nitro 5 1tb intel 5 very slow almost always at 100% disk usage

npehlke
npehlke Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have purchased this computer a while back and it has always been slow. I have already tried clean installs and updated bios and drivers for everything. Hard drive is almost always at 100%. This is the Intel 5 gen 8 with the 1TB hard drive. Would upgrading the HDD to a SATA SSD resolve this issue? I feel that the main issue is that the HDD has a horrible read and write and that may be the issue?

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited August 2019
    If your disc usage is at 100% look in the Task Manager and see what is hogging your disc and it should be pretty obvious. Post a screen shot here. This is mine almost at rest your disc usage should be similar

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• B4ttleSky
    B4ttleSky Member Posts: 136 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    andylb said:
    If your disc usage is at 100% look in the Task Manager and see what is hogging your disc and it should be pretty obvious. Post a screen shot here. This is mine almost at rest your disc usage should be similar

what the app u using with the predator icon in the toolbar
  • npehlke

Tinkerer

andylb said:

I'm not home rn to take a screen shot, bit the weird thing is it never shows any thing using up the disk. The load times are terrible too. It's been like this out of the box. I'll take a screen shot when I get back home.
  • B4ttleSky
    B4ttleSky Member Posts: 136 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    npehlke said:
    andylb said:

I'm not home rn to take a screen shot, bit the weird thing is it never shows any thing using up the disk. The load times are terrible too. It's been like this out of the box. I'll take a screen shot when I get back home.
    i would suggest you to get an SSD... i fixed the same issue by adding an ssd
  • andylb
    @B4ttleSky That's my Predator Quartermaster app for my Predator gaming mouse 

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Active
    Active Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

100% disk usage is a common issue. SSD is much faster, then HDD. But you can improve the performance of your HDD. Check out this topic:
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/546281/can-someone-please-help-me-fix-my-100-disk-being-used-nitro-an515-51, or look troubleshoot on google.

• npehlke

Tinkerer

Active said:
    That forum didnt help much at all, OP didnt get his working properly in that lol
    I've done fresh installs and updated all drivers manually from their websites. I've returned the first one I bought due to this and an issue with the track pad going crazy. 
  • npehlke

Tinkerer

andylb said:

• npehlke

Tinkerer

Active said:
    That forum didnt help much at all, OP didnt get his working properly in that lol
    I've done fresh installs and updated all drivers manually from their websites. I've returned the first one I bought due to this and an issue with the track pad going crazy. Then I got this one which the track pad issue didnt happen untill it was out of the return policy so now in stuck with a paper weight 
  • andylb
    We are not Acer employees and we give of our free time to try and share what knowledge we have. I suggest you contact Acer support for your region. Have a good day

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★