Aspire A315-53 V1.20. How to turn on the keyboard backlights?

Degause
Degause Member Posts: 4 New User
edited April 2022 in Aspire Laptops
I just purchased my Aspire and spent about an hour trying to find how to turn on the keyboard backlights. The more I looked, the more I became confused since I couldn't find a solution.  Then a friend mentioned that my Aspire probably didn't have backlight installed.  I couldn't believe that to be true since it cost close to $500.  So, is my friend correct? or am I just incompetent? Be nice. Thank You.

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    What is the exact model of notebook? Example an515-51-75kz! Usually you should press fn + f9 and the keyboard has this symbol:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Degause said:
    I'm sorry, the Model of my Aspire is Acer Aspire A315-53 V1.20.
    If you don't have flashing A, you don't have backlight feature.

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    What is the exact model of notebook? Example an515-51-75kz! Usually you should press fn + f9 and the keyboard has this symbol:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • brummyfan2
    Hi,
    Do you have F9 key with flashing letter A? If you don't have, then I'm afraid you don't have that feature in your model.

• Degause
  • Have you checked whether on the f9 key there is the symbol above?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Degause
    No, it does not have a symbol on the F9 other than the Mute Speaker symbol.
  • brummyfan2
    Answer ✓
    Degause said:
    If you don't have flashing A, you don't have backlight feature.
  • Degause
    Unbelievable, I didn't think they made laptops of this caliber without that specific capability.  Thank you all for the assist.
  • johnsaving
    johnsaving Member Posts: 1 New User
    I just got a Spin 3 off Amazon for 539 and it said it does have a back light keyboard but I can't get anything to work and I don't see the flashing A button anywhere. I am sending this machine back. No Bueno!
  • NurIzzati
    NurIzzati Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello. I have a question. My laptop Acer Aspire 3 A314-22 doesn't have any backlight, right? Thank you.
  • brummyfan2
    edited April 2022
    NurIzzati said:
    Hello. I have a question. My laptop Acer Aspire 3 A314-22 doesn't have any backlight, right? Thank you.
    Yes, if you don't have a key with flashing letter "A", you won't have the backlit keyboard.