Acer Nitro A515-54 Thermal Paste

hiesenhuer
hiesenhuer Member Posts: 22 Networker
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I've checked my unit and also read everywhere and the results were all the same in terms of the CPU temperature. The CPU becomes HOT while gaming, around 90C to 98C. So I checked my CPU Intel Core i5 9300h, the maximum allowable temp is only 100C, thus I can say that reaching 90C to 98C is calling it "living on the edge" for the life of my processor. As a budget gaming laptop, i'm beginning think that I may have made the wrong choice if I cant game on it with a "Peace of mind".

With that said, i'm moving to have the Thermal Paste replaced with a better one, which I think is my only choice for this matter. Hope you can provide some actual insights if replacing it does really work and shows some improvement on the thermals specially during gaming. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Repasting generally lowers temps by 10 deg C. My favorite is Grizzly Kryonaut. I also use a powered Targus cooling pad

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• andylb
    @hiesenhuer If that answered your question please click YES

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• hiesenhuer
    hiesenhuer Member Posts: 22 Networker
    Hope you can provide factual proof that it did lower down temps, like photos and links perhaps? Thanks again
  • andylb
    edited August 2019
    @hiesenhuer I am not an Acer employee and I am not paid to answer questions on this Forum I am a user just like yourself, giving my free time to share my own personal experience. The figures for temperature reduction are available with a Google search, respectfully I suggest that if you want factual proof, photos, links etc.. of the temperature reductions of a particular paste or cooling mat, that you do the research yourself. Thankyou and have a great day

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★