Acer Aspire F5-571-320G - Laptop power problem

Liam101
Liam101 Member Posts: 11 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives

I have a ACER ASPIRE f15 laptop. I’ve been charging my e-cig through my my USB port on my laptop. I don’t have a plug so I’ve been using USB ports. Recently I had a problem with my e-cig it wouldn’t charge properly and caused a power surge on my laptop. This was displayed in bottom right hand corner warning me. Then my laptop froze and wouldn’t let me properly shut down so I had to hold the power button down till it went off. I went too bed woke up next day and there’s no power lights on and won’t charge or turn on. I’ve tried a few things which haven’t worked :

* Pinhole reset on back 

* bios battery taken out put back in 

* fuse in charge plugged changed 

I suspect I’ve fried something but I can’t smell anything burnt. 

I’m not that great on computers, what else can I try too bring it back too life ?

Answers

• Can you enter the first ten partnumber numbers of your notebook?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Liam101
    edited August 2019
    Sorry late reply here a pic 

Edited the image Product Serial # & SNID displayed. Acer-David
  • Is your notebook still under warranty? Have you tried opening the notebook?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Liam101
    No it’s not under warranty , I’ve opened it up and can’t see any signs of burn outs on the motherboard, do these motherboards have fuses ? 
  • Have you checked that this switch button is being properly pressed?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Liam101
    So there’s 2 small buttons ? I thought there was only 1 pinhole reset button , my grandad has my laptop at the moment trying to fix it
  • There is actually a pinhole battery reset button and a switch button. The switch button is next to the blue cable. Try placing some layers of electrical tape to press the switch button.
    If the e-cig has caused a power surge, also try unplugging the lithium battery and pressing the power button for thirty seconds.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Liam101
    This board doesn’t have a switch button.
    ive tried unplugging battery and holding power button for 30 seconds, didn’t work. Do you think a fuse as gone or capacitor? 
  • Liam101
    Here’s some pics 
  • When you said this "This was displayed in the bottom right hand corner warning me.", What is the message that was displayed? Also, do the battery and power LEDs light up or flash?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Liam101
    When I started to charge the ecig, a message popped up on screen warning me that there’s a power surge then my laptop froze and wouldn’t power up the next day. There’s no lights on or flashing, it’s completely dead. 
  • Is this notebook still under warranty? Also, does the notebook not turn on both the power adapter and the battery?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Liam101
    It’s not under warranty and the power adapter and battery are working when tested them it’s something past that on the board maybe but me and grandad don’t know what 
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Liam101
    I’ve already watched that and tried , it didn’t work. Think it’s a trip to computer repair shop tmoz, too much hassle for me, I’m not clued up motherboards lol 😂 thanks anyway 👍
  • Ok! When you have fixed the notebook, post the result here.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Liam101
    Hello, taken it too computer repair shop and they said the motherboard is completely fried. They did all tests and couldn’t get it too power up. So looks like either I buy new motherboard or buy new lappy but either way I’ll be forking out money :( Lesson learned lol 
  • OK! Did they check all the electronic circuits? Have you ever taken the motherboard to another service center?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer