I’m still pretty new to this but I want to upgrade the ram in my acer aspire e5-576.

BigBlurton
BigBlurton Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
 Crucial says it’s compatible with ddr3l 1600 soddim 1.35v. Now I don’t know what any of that means. Do I need to make sure whatever I buy matches that exactly? Also doe the brands need to match? If so I guess I should just take the one that’s in it out and buy two 8gb rams of the same brand? Thanks in advance for your help. 

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Yes, the specsheet indicates 16GB maximum with a pair of 8GB DDR3Laptop modules 1.35volts 1600 MHz speed. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Could you please install CPU-z free program, find out the model of the current memory module form SPD and memory tabs, post the snip here.
    https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html
  • BigBlurton

Tinkerer

I have that downloaded already actually. What do you need from that to help me out?
  • JackE
    You should download and run Crucial's scanner since some model's came equipped with different RAM modules. Usually best to get a  matched pair (same brand same specs) since this model will operate faster than an unmatched pair. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• BigBlurton

Tinkerer

So i should get a pair that matches everything the crucial scan said? Ddr3l, 1600 sodimm, 1.35v? Some brands better than others ?
  • JackE
    You can run just about any branded pair of DDR3 laptop modules. Google these keywords --- ddr3 laptop sodimm 1.35v --- for vendors that are convenient to shipping to your location. These are very common RAM modules. Your laptop probably has a pair of 2GB modules now for a total of 4GB. You can upgrade to a pair of 4GB modules for a total of 8GB. Or a pair of 8GB modules for a total of 16GB. Crucial, Kingston, Hynix, Micron are all good brands and fairly closely competitive pricewise. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• BigBlurton

Tinkerer

I believe eve I can run a total of 16 gb
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Yes, the specsheet indicates 16GB maximum with a pair of 8GB DDR3Laptop modules 1.35volts 1600 MHz speed. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• BigBlurton

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Just out of curiosity Ive taken the ram out to look at it and there’s nothing I can see on the ram or the board to tell me what kind of ram or the volatge or anything printed on it other than what I saw on the online scan. Someone told me I could look at the board and ram to figure it out
  • JackE
    If there's no label on the modules, which is unusual, you can download and try Brummyfan2's suggestion of freeware cpu-z which should give you the module details. https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/713718/#Comment_713718
    Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ